Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Microphone stopped working QC 35-I suddenly

Hi. I have been using Bose QC 35-I without any problems for 2 years. But recently, and suddenly, the microphone stopped working for no reason. I have the latest firmware too. Please help me resolve this. Inability to take calls without a mic is frustrating.
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Microphone stopped working QC 35-I suddenly

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community!

I am so sorry to hear that your microphone is no longer functioning on your QuietComfort 35 headphones but I would love to get this issue resolved for you. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reset of your headphones. 

To reboot your headset:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Do you mind informing me what firmware version you are on so that I can confirm that this is the latest update? This can be checked within the product settings in the Bose Connect App. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I have rebooted as per your instructions. I am using Firmware Version 2.5.5. 
Kindly guide on next steps.

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you very much for your update on this and performing a reboot of your headphones. 

Does this issue occur when you connect your headphones to another device?

Also what service are you using to take calls? For example is this through any service like Skype or Whatsapp?

I would also ensure that your mobile device is not on mute during your call as this will effect the microphone functionality. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Hi,

The issue is irrespective of the device I connect with (my phone and laptop) and the service I use to call (phone network, whatsapp etc).

The unanimous complaint I've heard from the people I call is that they feel that I am talking to them from 2 miles away - as if my sound is the smallest sound in the noise/echo of everything else - as if the microhone is working at 2% capacity.

So to avoid any confusion, I guess the microphone is 'working' for techincality's sake but not really of any use. 
Please help.

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for confirming those details. 

I would also recommend checking to openings on the microphones (shown below). Over the 2 years, debris and dirt may have built up. 

qc35 mic.PNG

Should clearing the mic ports not solve your issue, I would suggest that you contact your local Customer Service team. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom > Click 'Contact Us'

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Hello Charlotte, 

I have the same exact problem with my qc35 I microphone and have followed through all your steps and nothing solved the problem. The headphones are updated to the latest firmware, and a restarted the headphones the way you instructed. I went onto the Link in your message where it said I could only exchange my headphones for newer ones and will have to pay $259 which a huge price to pay for a ruined microphone. Is there not anything else you could do?

Thank you for you time 

Michel Azar

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Michel Azar,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I would recommend calling the customer care team instead to see what they are able to do for you in this instance.

I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C