Highlighted
DisappointedCustomer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Missing/broken hex screw on quiet comfort 35 ii

Bose deleted my original post so posting again -

I have owned and LOVED my headphones for 14 months. Last week i picked them up off the bed (did not drop them) and the hex screw holding the ear cup to the headband fell out. I called customer service and was told they don’t offer replacement screws or even j formation about the size, and since I am 1-2 months out of warranty my only option would be to purchase a reduced price full replacement item. This is crazy from a cost and environmental perspective since the headphones still work. I tried to screw the screw back in and the male part (Post) broke off. Other customers have had the same problem with this screw loosening 1-2 months after the warranty is up and on the message board was told to call customer service. I can not believe that Bose operates with such poor quality materials or such planned obsolescence that they can’t figure out how a small essential screw can’t be made out of higher quality metal or easily replaced since this is a known issue. Does bose really expect me to pay $179 because a screw loosened, rather than offering a simple replacement screw? Please offer me a realistic solution that is better for your customers and the environment!
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Missing/broken hex screw on quiet comfort 35 ii

Hi there, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We don't sell screws for this product and won't be able to offer you anything different via the community that the customer service team has already offered over the phone, I am deeply sorry that this isn't the reply that you would have liked. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

sqrpeg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

I am seeing that this is a reoccurring problem that Bose seems to be ignoring and not addressing. It seems to be a simple fix. I don't understand why a simple part can be so hard to provide, especially since customers pay a significant price for a "quality" product. The solution is to buy another product at a slight discount? REALLY? If I am having this problem with this product with no real customer support, why should I buy another? Why should I stay with the same company? Bose, why?

cleanshirts
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

1. It’s interesting that my situation is almost identical to yours.....beyond frustrating
Brewster
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Same problem here. I already wasn't going to buy a Bose product again because of the terrible firmware ANC issues. But the screw falling out and not being able to just send a simple 20p replacement to fix it is inexcusable.

yong206
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

I have the exact same issue with the hex screw holding the ear cup to the headband fell out.   Mine is also just came out of warranty.   Where to get this hex screw?

Brewster
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I know not helpful for all, but if you go to the Regent Street Bose shop in London, they will offer to fix a missing hex screw. They kindly did mine there in 10mins

Hello all, 

With reference to Brewster's post,  Bose stores do not perform repairs on products, as we do not have the spare parts needed in-store. Having contacted the store I can confirm this was performed on a one-off basis. We suggest contacting customer service to discuss service options if you experience similar issues. 

Many thanks for your understanding. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Bosefailure
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

I had the same experience with Bose.  Words such as “disgrace” and “unacceptable” come to mind.  The fact that the manufacturer of a product doesn’t sell a replacement part AND has no knowledge of its specifications is a complete joke.  I sympathize with you and recommend a new pair of the Sony WH1000MX3 headphones. I’ve already found them more customizable and modern, with (obviously) better quality than Bose products.

Bosefailure
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Many thanks for your understanding.“

Yes, I think we all have an understanding of exactly what is happening here.  Of course Bose would prefer people buy another set of headphones as opposed to a single 20 cent screw.  I’ve already spent a few minutes today warning my colleagues about their headphones that may break at any moment with no help from Bose.