Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Missing/broken hex screw on quiet comfort 35 ii

What's interesting is that the community moderator spent the time to call the London store who did the right thing to help out a customer and then posted it here to tell everyone that that's the wrong thing to do.   From reading the lines,  the poor London store associate probably got trouble for doing that.  

To me, it showcased Bose has lost its mojo for being a quality product producer.   Wake up, Bose. 

"

Hello all, 

With reference to Brewster's post,  Bose stores do not perform repairs on products, as we do not have the spare parts needed in-store. Having contacted the store I can confirm this was performed on a one-off basis. We suggest contacting customer service to discuss service options if you experience similar issues. 

Many thanks for your understanding. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G "

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I have the exact same issue, the hex screw that holds the left earmuff somehow fell out and I can't find a replacement anywhere

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I have experienced the same problem and it occurred shortly after the warranty expired. I affected repair using a piece of rigid wire, in my case a piece of paper clip. I simply cut it to size, pushed it through the hole from which the screw fell and bent over both ends. Be sure to bend it in the direction that does not get in the way, this will be obvious once you look at the two pieces to be attached.

When I am using the headphones there is no difference in fit or sound quality than when using the original screw. 

I too am very disappointed in Bose as this appears to be a intentional defect. I say this because there are many inexpensive thread locking products available which will prevent this from happening.

Mike

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Saaame. Just grabbed them one day and the screw fell out. I've now lost it. Bought in August of 2018. Need a fix!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I used a piece of wire(in my case a large paper clip). I cut it to the approximate size, inserted it through the screw hole  and then bent over each end making sure they did not get in the way. Works fine now.

Mike

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I actually bought a SquareTrade plan when I got these headphones, which I never do, so I'll see how that plays out. I do like this option though. Could you post some photos so we can see how you did it? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

I'm having the same problem.  My hex screws fell out of the left ear cup.  My product was out of warranty and Bose offered to replace my headset for over $250.00.  How is that a reasonable option?  The screw probably cost 4 to 10 cents.  This will be the last Bose product that I ever purchase.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Update!  I was able to find a thin, long screw and waster at the hardware store and reassembled the headphones, Parts are under $2. Bring your headphones to the local hardware and see if they have something that fits. Good luck! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Same thing, I pulled out my headphones from my gym bag, very large training bag to use it and all the sudden I felt the screw fall apart. This is such a waste of money when u cant find the piece your missing. It's like you buy an expensive car and you have to replace a piece of it, but you cant cause the manufacturer does not offer it, instead ask you to buy an other headphone? really?? SAD, SAD and SAD about this. Never again will buy an other product from u guys. EJ

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Same issue here.