Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Missing/broken hex screw on quiet comfort 35 ii

Same issue for me. Screw fell out in the case 3 months out of warranty. Called and emailed back and forth and was given words like “proprietary” and “unique” when it came to the size or type or screw that could serve as a replacement since they wouldn’t repair them. After additional back and forth I got their best offer of $179.99 for a replacement pair. I begrudgingly accepted and was then told I would only get the replacement pair AFTER I sent my broken pair back to Bose!?!? I assume so Bose could put the screw back in and resell them as refurbished and make more money off me.

Talk about taking things to a new low! Thanks Bose for redefining poor customer service.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

That's terrible. For what it's worth, I later remembered that I bought the SquareTrade warranty and had them repair it. The screw may be proprietary, but SquareTrade has them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2019

I asked ace hardware for the longest thinnest screw they had which was about $0.90 and then got two nuts, one slightly smaller than the other. I tightened them down and worked like a charm! Not totally flush but restores functionality and it’s barely noticeable. Check out ace hardware hardware for an under $2 fix! That screw is not that unique or proprietary after all - Bose is scams. This screw nonsense is planned obsolescence and is terrible environmental stewardship. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

@DisappointedCustomer I think the actual screw they use is proprietary - it's just unnecessary. I found my headphones this morning with this exact issue. I have the washers and one "screw" (pic attached), but the one I have is more like a pin with the threads on the inside rather than the outside (like a normal screw). I imagine the piece I'm missing is a normal screw that threads into this pin. It seems like an unnecessary design, but I will be stopping by Ace later today if I can't find the original. I used these headphones yesterday so it must be around here somewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Pin "screw"Pin "screw"

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Yes my issue is also same the issue with hex screw on the left side cup of the headphone

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Same ISSUE... Bose can I introduce you to something called Loctite.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Hey I got mine fixed via SquareTrade warranty and I later ended up finding the missing screw. If you want I can send it to you if you send me a self addressed stamped envelope. IMG_5647.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

I have had this exact same issue! The scew fell out by the ears just after the warranty expired, and I have not been offered any assistance other than buy a new pair of headphones!? I am SO disappointed Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

2-56 x 1/4 inch length Hex Socket Cap Screw
This is all you need .... Picked one up at the local Ace hardware in the machine screws section ... Costs 65 cents and is black... Fits perfectly …  The screw is a hair wider than the hole which allows you to thread it through ... no nut required and toss those washers.... The part number for reference at Ace is 43489-H

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I am facing the same issue. Missing screw of QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II , how you can expect users to buy such expensive headphones and you cant help just for $1 missing screw ?? And its quire normal problem with these bose headphones.