Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Muffled Microphone on Bose AE2 Soundlink

Hi, I live in the UK London. Since i bought these headphones the Bose AE2 Soundlink no one has ever been able to hear me clearly on a phone call because of the muffled microphone which is very annoying, I love the headphones so much but this just lets them down. I've check on Google and YouTube as to why it could be muffled and I done a few things that they recommended such as updating the device and/or testing the mic which I did via Google. I've pretty much ran out of options the only other thing I can think of is these headphones could be faulty or something? I also went onto voice memos (on my iphone) recorded my self and played it back but I could hardly hear myself. 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Muffled Microphone on Bose AE2 Soundlink

Hi @Milla!

That's very strange! But I thank you for going ahead and testing out the various troubleshooting.

Have you been able to use the headphones with any other devices to make calls? Are you certain nothing is covering the microphone causing the muffling when you make a call?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

I just got mine and I have the same issue on the IPhone. I will test it on my PC via teams now. Please let me know if you find a fix

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Works good on the PC but muffled on the iPhone, suggestions?

Highlighted

Thank you for testing that, @Reddev. That is quite unusual!

Have you ever used headphones with a microphone on your iPhone before? What programs are you using to make calls?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

First of all it doesn’t sound so unusual as 3 of us have the same issue and commented within the same day. 
second yes I had a 59 dollar pair of BT headphones that worked great with both my phone and pc but I travel a lot and thought it would be nice to have a pair that sounds good with music. 

I used Teams for the call on my PC and the other calls have been on my iPhone and the problem is on the iPhone, no apps. Hopefully this can be resolved of I will just send them back and get use the less expensive off brand ones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Hi Sam,

Yes I have tried using the headphones on another device but the results are the same, people can barely hear me it's ridiculously muffled as if I'm covering it. I've checked the microphone and it looks like nothing is blocking it, I've run out of options now   

Highlighted

Thank you both for updating us on this. 

As you have said yourself Reddev, this is 3 users out of the many that own this headset. 

Let's also try and perform a reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product

I look forward to hearing back from you both with the result of this reset. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Thanks for the instructions but the outcome was still the same, no ones able to hear me through a call and when I recorded myself through my headset I couldn’t hear myself back

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

I received my Soundlink yesterday and am experiencing the exact same issue and have gone through the exact same troubleshooting steps. Very annoying because the headphones are quite nice and the sound quality is great. Since work is the primary intended purpose for the Soundlink, having a microphone that does not work is unacceptable. 

Support lines are incredibly backed up... been on hold for 64 minutes. Does Bose have any solutions for this problem that seems to be happening quite a bit with other users?