Jun 14, 2019
Unless Bose says otherwise, normally new technology has the features of the older ones. I don't work for Bose and have not yet seen a 700 myself, but I know in my Bose Connect app if I turn on my QC35ii, there is a music share feature for two Bose headphones. I would therefore suggest unless Bose says something to the contrary is that Bose will likely continue this feature for the 700.
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
At this moment in time I can confirm that Music Sharing isn't currently available.
I hope this helps.
Hector B - Community Support
Thanks for your quick response! That's disappointing to hear. I never expected Bose to back slide on their features on a newer more expensive product... Music share and easy device switching are two features that I'd expect with Bose's "upgrade" to QC 35 II...
As I don't have a 700, let me ask two specific questions and then a general question given that the 700 does not have music sharing:
1. I have read elsewhere about a discussion regarding connecting to two BT devices simultaneously. So say I have connected my phone and my laptop. I stop playing music from my phone and want to play music from my laptop. On the QC35ii it just plays fine. Is that the same expected behavior on a 700?
2. If I an playing music on my iphone and a call comes in, on the QC35ii, it switches to the call. Is that the same behavior on the 700?
3. What other features of the QC35ii currently not available on the 700?
Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for getting in touch, those are some great questions!
1. If you want to toggle between audio streaming on two connected Bluetooth devices the all you need to do is pause one source and then play the other. For example, if you want to play music on your laptop instead of your phone then you just need to pause/end the source on the phone then start playing on the laptop; no toggling is needed like with the QC35 headphones.
2. If you are listening to music and then a call comes through the voice commands will announce the caller and call status. Should you wish to cancel the Answer/End a call you just need to double tap the touch control, then to decline the incoming call you just need to tap and hold for 1 second on the touch control.
3. In terms of features that are not in the 700's but are in the 35's, there is no toggle button to switch devices it has to be done through the app and there is no music sharing option.
I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.
Have a great day!
Dec 29, 2019
So let's clarify. You create a new series of headphones that cost more and have less features. Your qc35 use one app and your bose700 use another... So if one was to upgrade and have the old pair for their mate on a plane ... well it don't work... Now two apps... Now buttons you can't feel and now a touch surface that unless you read the little handbook you don't know exists. Way to half ass release a product for a premium price. Wish I would of just bought a second pair of the qc35s