Music Sharing on Bose 700

Silent Starter

Music Sharing on Bose 700

Excited about the new Bose headphones 700! However I was wondering if these new headphones will have the music sharing feature? I can't seem to find anything about the topic right now.

Love the new design, waiting on this last bit of information before placing a pre-order.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: Music Sharing on Bose 700

Unless Bose says otherwise, normally new technology has the features of the older ones.  I don't work for Bose and have not yet seen a 700 myself, but I know in my Bose Connect app if I turn on my QC35ii, there is a music share feature for two Bose headphones.  I would therefore suggest unless Bose says something to the contrary is that Bose will likely continue this feature for the 700.

Friendly Fanatic

Now that Bose 700 has been released, has anyone been able to confirm Music Sharing?

Hi Moonsurfer, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

At this moment in time I can confirm that Music Sharing isn't currently available. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Friendly Fanatic

Thanks for your quick response! That's disappointing to hear. I never expected Bose to back slide on their features on a newer more expensive product... Music share and easy device switching are two features that I'd expect with Bose's "upgrade" to QC 35 II...

Wistful Whiz

@Hector_B 

As I don't have a 700, let me ask two specific questions and then a general question given that the 700 does not have music sharing:

1. I have read elsewhere about a discussion regarding connecting to two BT devices simultaneously.  So say I have connected my phone and my laptop.  I stop playing music from my phone and want to play music from my laptop.  On the QC35ii it just plays fine.  Is that the same expected behavior on a 700?

2. If I an playing music on my iphone and a call comes in, on the QC35ii, it switches to the call.  Is that the same behavior on the 700?

3. What other features of the QC35ii currently not available on the 700?

Hello joelirwin,

Thanks for getting in touch, those are some great questions! 

1. If you want to toggle between audio streaming on two connected Bluetooth devices the all you need to do is pause one source and then play the other. For example, if you want to play music on your laptop instead of your phone then you just need to pause/end the source on the phone then start playing on the laptop; no toggling is needed like with the QC35 headphones.

2. If you are listening to music and then a call comes through the voice commands will announce the caller and call status. Should you wish to cancel the Answer/End a call you just need to double tap the touch control, then to decline the incoming call you just need to tap and hold for 1 second on the touch control. 

3. In terms of features that are not in the 700's but are in the 35's, there is no toggle button to switch devices it has to be done through the app and there is no music sharing option. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C