Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

My Bose NC 700 Stop working after following the workaround to fix the newest issue on firmware upda

Hi,

After following the official instructions to reset the headphones stutter issue in the newest May/2020 firmware update (from this post https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-700-Firmware-Update-Stutter-...) and connecting the USB-C while pressing/holding the Power button (the USB-A was connected to my Mac laptop) and waiting for the blinking blue light to release the button. I did this process like 4 times while waiting for the blue light. After those 4 intents now the headphone stopped working, the light doesn't blink anymore even when charging and waiting (the headphones had like 9 hours of battery when following your instructions and this issue happened)

Any workaround? or the long pressing while connecting/disconnecting the USB-C can damage the device and cause a shortcut?. Please help me, the headphones are new.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: My Bose NC 700 Stop working after following the workaround to fix the newest issue on firmwar...

Hi Andresmao, 

I am sorry to hear that your headphones appear to no longer by working. 

Are you able to get any response from turning the headphones on at all?

What happens if you use an alternate power cable to attempt to charge the headphones?

Do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.