Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

My Bose QC35 ii keep cutting n and out and the sounds is all choppy.

I’ve had my headphones for quite a while now and I must say that they have been brilliant and worked flawlessly up until a couple weeks ago. At this point I noticed that the sound of my music and all audio (including YouTube and Spotify and a few other services) had become really choppy and the coins would keep cutting in and out. I thought this may have been because the headphones were low on battery and I had been using them for a while, so I charged them up and tried using them the same the next day. The problem still occurred but after about an hour or so of usage and I would have to turn the headphones on and off again to reset it and carry on with this every hour or so, just to make the sound not as choppy. Over the past couple of weeks this time carried On getting smaller to the point where they start getting choppy after about 20 minutes of usage. I have tried everything from clearing the device list to updating all of my devices and making sure all the Bluetooth and everything was fine. I’ve also made sure the headphones were up to date on the Bose app and made sure the app was up to date and everything, but nothing seems to have fixed the issue. I was wondering if anyone knew what to do about this? Or have my headphones reached the point where they need upgrading?

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: My Bose QC35 ii keep cutting n and out and the sounds is all choppy.

Hi @samueld1135,

Thank you for posting your experience - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with audio cutouts. To confirm, you've checked your headphones firmware is up to date by visiting the Bose Updater page HERE?

Do you check that your headphones are definitely charging to 100% each time you plug them in? What devices have you used the headphones with and are they all encountering cut out issues when listening to audio?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2020

I have a somehow similar experience. I do get the voice choppy only if I pause then resume, or skip forward; for example while watching youtube on my TV while connected to my headset. This choppiness continues for 15-20 sec then goes away. So, I am reluctant to skipping which defeats the purpose..

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Forgot to mention that I also have a

Bose QuietComfort QC35 II headset and running the latest firmware 4.5.2