Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2020

My QC 35 II and disconnects after 20 minutes while using laptop (Win 10).

Hello,

My wife and I both have QC 35 II and both disconnect after 20 minutes while we use them with our laptops (Win 10). We have no problem with the phone but it seems it considers the situation as idle and disconnects after the standby timer runs off.

Should we use any specific app for listening to music on the laptop or any settings?

Could you please help me to solve the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: My QC 35 II and disconnects after 20 minutes while using laptop (Win 10).

Hey Matt,

That sounds quite odd! What are you both currently using to listen to music on your laptop?

There is an auto-off feature which can be disabled from within the Bose Connect app:

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth® products
  2. Tap the Settings gear icon to open the product settings menu. (Tip: If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings)
  3. Tap Standby Timer
  4. Choose the desired time it will take before your headset turns off by itself. The default setting is Never.

Let me know if that helps you out!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Sam, Thanks for your response. 

The standby timer in the setting is set to 20 minutes.

Actually, both headphones on two different laptops turn off no matter what app we use! I mean, while we watch something on youtube in Chrome, using the Spotify app, or even in the middle of a zoom call, the headphone turns off after 20 minutes. And we need to reconnect them by switching the power button on the headphones.

We have absolutely no problem while using headphones with our iPhone and Pixel 3. As long as something is playing, headphones stay on.

Again, using a laptop is problematic!  

Any idea what might be wrong in Win 10 or headphones?

Highlighted

Thanks for checking that, Matt!

It does seem quite strange that the headphones would randomly power down when being used for video calls/streaming. Do you notice any difference using the headphones with your laptop, if you change the standby timer to Never?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.