Highlighted
perplexosity
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

My QC 35 II microphone volume fades to nothing, but only over bluetooth

I have a similar issue to others on the forums, in that the microphone volume on my QC 35 II's is too low, but only when over a bluetooth connection. When connected via cable to my phone, the mic works perfectly.

I have tested the mic by recording a voice memo - the sound consistently fades from 'fairly quiet' to nothing over the first 3-5 seconds of the recording.

I have updated firmware, updated iOS, cleared the device list on the headphones and removed the device from my phone's bluetooth list, re-added, powered everything down and back up, but still no change.

Anyone have any other ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My QC 35 II microphone volume fades to nothing, but only over bluetooth

Hi Perplexosity, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the microphone on your QC35 II. 

Can you tell me if the cable you are using has an inline remote? The reason I ask is that when you connect a cable to the QC35's you will disconnect the microphone. 

Do you notice an issue when you are on calls? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Communtiy Support 

perplexosity
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Ah - that makes sense. There's no inline remote on the cable - it's the stock cable the headphones came with. I had assumed that the clear audio recording when connected with a cable was from the headphone mic, but I've just re-checked, and it's the phone's internal mic doing the recording.

Yes, I notice it on calls - I can't use the headphones as a call head-set at all for this reason.

What's do we do next?

Thank you!

Hi Perplexosity, 

Thanks for clearing that up for me! 

Do you experience the same issue across multiple devices?

I would recommend resetting the headphones. You can do this by following the instructions below:

- Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds

- Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds

- Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute

- Power on your product.

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

perplexosity
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Hi again Jessie,

Yes, I get the same behaviour everywhere - I've tested two phones and an iPad.

No change after the reset procedure, either, I'm afraid.

Let me know what to do next!

Ben

Hey perplexosity, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry to read that the reset didn't resolve this for you. 

As you have already attempted the steps that we would suggest for an issue like this and your issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that this wasn't something that we were able to help you resolve via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B