Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

My bluetooth keeps turning itself off and the noise cancelling is changing itself (700 headphones)

The Bluetooth keeps turning on/off, when I try to turn the Bluetooth off/on manually it resets then says Bluetooth off, there have also been times when my noise cancelling is stuck in a loop saying "noise-cancelling 10, 5, 5, 0, 5, 10...." until I turn the Bluetooth off again. They struggle to connect to any of my devices via Bluetooth and I have to use the headphone cable in order to use the headphones.

1 REPLY 1

Re: My bluetooth keeps turning itself off and the noise cancelling is changing itself (700 headph...

Hey scrapp4,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

It's unusual that you're experiencing this Bluetooth issue and ANC issue with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

I'd recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones by following these steps:

Product settings are retained during this reset. (Note: A second reboot may be necessary if the headphones appear unresponsive after the first.)

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I'd also suggest visiting btu.bose.com on your computer to ensure that the headphones are running the latest available firmware. 

Let us know if the issue still happens after performing these steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!