ARKONrocks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

My bose NC 700 Headphone have static in one ear, disconnects randomly, and won't connect to the app.

Since getting my headphones about a week ago, I have really badly wanted to love them. However, I am running into problem after problem that is slowly making me not want to love them anymore.

First I have been trying to use them while connected to my phone and other devices, as one would do with bluetooth headphones, but randomly the headphones would disconnect and power off and back on and reconnect.

Second, just recently, as in today, I have noticed a static noise coming from the right ear that gets amplified when turning down the noise cancelation.

Third and lastly, I have only been able to connect the headphones to the bose music app twice and have then only been able to access the settings twice.

All of these combined problems have been really frustrating because I have a very high standard for bose equipment. Being a musician and a music lover, I have been searching far and wide for the best pair of noise canceling, bluetooth headphones that have the best sound and quality build. Needless to say I am, so far, disappointed with the results of my experience this past week and a half.

Perhaps I have faulty headphones, but I would expect better from such a prestigious company as bose.

If anyone is able to help me resolve these issues that would be amazing, otherwise I would hope that, in the interest of reputation and integrity, bose would be willing to work something out with me to fix or even replace the pair of headphones I currently have.

Thank you for you time,

Aaron.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ARKONrocks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Re: My bose NC 700 Headphone have static in one ear, disconnects randomly, and won't connect to t...

Author Accepted Answer selected by ARKONrocks

For whatever reason, the factory reset on my Galaxy S10e actually worked. Now I  am able to use the Bose Music App with my headphones and they stay on and connected!

I am relived and glad that this was able to fix it. At the same time I am perplexed as to what was actually causing this issue. If anyone would be able to give me an explanation that would be wonderful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: My bose NC 700 Headphone have static in one ear, disconnects randomly, and won't connect to t...

Hi ARKONrocks, 

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for posting and purchasing our Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

This experiencing isn't something you should have with your headphones. Let's start with performing these steps here to resolve the connection issue you are having. We also have a great article on the static you are experiencing that can be found here.

Please do update us on the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ARKONrocks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Thank you for the response Hector.

Since I posted this grievance, I have done some trouble shooting.

I have found that the static (keep in mind it is not what was described in the attached article that you sent me, it was more of a produced white noise sound that changed when I changed the amount of noise canceling) has gone away, the connection to the app and my phone, via Bluetooth, is related to the continuous powering off and back on.

I believe this is an issue with my Galaxy S10e's Bluetooth driver. I am about to attempt to reset the settings for the Bluetooth on my phone and see if that solves the issue. If it persists, I will factory reset my phone and see if that solves the issue. If it still persists, I will have to just use a different device to connect to my headphones.

Thank you for your time Hector. I will update this thread as soon as I learn something new about this issue.

Aaron.

ARKONrocks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by ARKONrocks

For whatever reason, the factory reset on my Galaxy S10e actually worked. Now I  am able to use the Bose Music App with my headphones and they stay on and connected!

I am relived and glad that this was able to fix it. At the same time I am perplexed as to what was actually causing this issue. If anyone would be able to give me an explanation that would be wonderful.

View solution in original post