Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

My headphones connect to laptop but no sound.

My QC35 ll head phones connect to laptop with no problems but no sound. It worked fine before. Works fine with my phone. I've cleared stored device's from head phone's. Removed devices from laptop bluetooth list but nothing works 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: My headphones connect to laptop but no sound.

Hey @Marc75,

I'm sorry to hear that! What laptop are you connecting the headphones too?

When you make the connection, is the laptop recognizing the headphones as an audio device? When you play audio does it come through the laptop speakers instead of the headphones?

Have you tried rebooting your laptop and attempting the connection again?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Hello, sorry ive been away for a while. Its an HP laptop. Yes it says its connected for voice and audio but no sound comes, only sound through laptop speakers. Yes ive rebooted laptop, installed updates but nothing works

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Marc75Both win7 and win10 are very finicky in their ability for Bluetooth to connect to Bose the QC35.

1. The first and easiest thing to check is whether you QC35 is connected to both the HFP (phone calls/voice over ip) and A2DS (stereo streaming) services/profiles.  You can be 'paired' to a bluetooth device but nothing will sound without the appropriate service being active.  Also insure you are paired with the QC35 device and not the "LE-" version (low energy which is only used to turn the device on and off).

2. If that doesn't help, as you did before, reinitialize and reset the QC35ii and make sure it is not paired to anything.  Uninstall you BT drivers from your laptop and go to the vendor site (not H-P) to get the latest BT drivers.  For my laptop, the bluetooth chipset/drivers came from Intel.

3. If that does not work, there is an outside chance you did a Windows update that is incompatible with your drivers, you may want to remove that update if you identify one.

4. Sometimes, older BT drivers will work when the current one does not.

5. If you are still unable to hear anything, you want to disable the internal BT hardware totally.  I had this problem hearing music playing inside of zoom last week with the Intel BT drivers.  Go an purchase (under $25 typically) a BT USB Dongle.  Anything that uses "CSR" drivers should work fine. When I installed my SMK Nano BT dongle, my problems/issues went away and everything worked fine.  No guarantees but that is the last thing I personally try.

Keep in mind that BT is a two way communication and the 'issue' can be on either end.  Whether or not you can get any other non-Bose BT product to work, the situation is that there is nothing you can do with the Bose Connect app that has any impact on the BT communication.  As you have already gone through all the customary Bose end troubleshooting, there is really nothing else that can be done with your QC35 to 'fix' the problem.  Your hope is that you can rectify it from the laptop/windows end.

(I do not work for Bose)