Monstieur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

NC 700 App Connection - Workaround!

I've discovered a workaround for the connection issues on iOS. It looks like the Bluetooth LE connection for the app does not connect if the regular Bluetooth connection is already active.

1. Force close the "Bose Music" app.

2. Open Bluetooth settings on iOS.

3. Delete any "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" entry.

4. Pair with "Bose NC 700 HP" as usual.

5. Tap the (i) icon on "Bose NC 700 HP" and click "Disconnect".

6. Download and launch the "Bose Radar" (not "Bose Music") app.

7. Go to the "Select your Bose AR product" screen (Menu > Bluetooth Connections).

8. You should see "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" and the signal strength. Rest the phone on the right earcup to maximize the signal strength.

8. Tap "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" and wait for it to connenct. Leave the phone resting on the right earcup throughout the process.

9. If you receive an error, click "Try again" to return to the previous screen. Hold the Power / Bluetooth button for 1 second. A second "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" should appear. Click the second one instead. If the second one has a higher signal strength, it may appear at the top instead. Delete "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" from Bluetooth settings on iOS if it reappears there in-between attempts. Repeat this step until iOS finally asks you to pair with "LE-Bose NC 700 HP".

10. Return to Bluetooth settings on iOS.

11. Tap on "LE-Bose NC 700 HP". It should changed from "Disconnected" to "Connected" and remain in a connected state.

12. Ensure "Bose NC 700 HP" is disconnected.

13. Launch the "Bose Music" app and add the headphones as a new device / reconnect to you previously added device. It may take a few retries, but as long as "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" is connected and "Bose NC 700 HP" is disconnected, the app should connect successfully.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wayne Tj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Re: NC 700 App Connection - Workaround!

This worked for me to pair my Bose 700 headphones to both my iPhone X Max and iPad. 

1. Download Bose Radar and Bose Music apps. 

2. Delete any/all Bose NC 700 and/or LE-Bose Nc 700 Headphones connections in your Bluetooth settings

3. Turn off Bluetooth on second device, if you plan to pair headphones to two devices (not sure if this matters, but that is what I did).

4. Launch the Bose Radar app, it will connect to your headphones and create a "LE-Bose NC 700 Headphones" connection in your Bluetooth settings.

5. Launch the Bose Music app, it will connect to your headphones and create a "Bose NC 700 Headphones" connection in you Bluetooth settings. 

Note: Leave both Bose connections in your Bluetooth settings, as the Radar and Music app uses differently named connections. If you have both                 apps running, you will see both connections as "connected" - it doesn't sound right, but that's what it wants to do, so just let it.

6. Enjoy! I have tested that both apps on both devices with one or both running, and started in any order, and everything works fine. 

Highlighted
audiophile83
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

this worked.  i bought the 700 yesterday but wow! i had read the reviews online from a long time ago that these headphones have connection problems. i never imagined it would be this bad and the problem would persist till now because the product has been released some time ago. maybe bose should stick to headphone jacks, 400 dollars for a faulty product HMMMMM... will return.

Highlighted
Monstieur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

I had to do this just once. Since then I’ve never had a connection issue and have used it hundreds of times with my iPhone and MacBook Pro.