ron16103
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

NC 700 Battery Always full

I have always liked Bose Over the ear Noise Cancellation headphones. They always worked liked a charm. 

My issue is that whenever I tap the cup, the voice tells mu "Battery Full", right ip to the point they die from a flat battery.

The Bose Music App shows 442 hours and 44 minutes of batter life (yes, over 400 hours), and goes down to around 374 hours of remaining battery life when the batter does go flat and needs recharging.

There is also that annoying static sound which lasts less than a second while running on bluetooth , which other have reported about.

Otherwise, I quite like them, and they are excellent for phone calls, but only via bluetooth, with the cable connected to my mobile, the other party has considerable difficulty hearing what I am saying.

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Huawei P9, Android version 7

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Battery is always "full" via voice feedback, and music app always shows around 400 hours of battery life.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet everywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

From the moment I bought them

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Updated app and firmware to latest.

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: NC 700 Battery Always full

Hello Ron16103, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this strange issue, this isn't something we have seen before! 

I'd recommend that we start with performing a reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

I'd also recommend deleting and re-installing the Bose Music app to see if the same issue persists. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

If you can I would recommend to send it back and get your money back

ron16103
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Yes I tried all those recommendations with resetting and cable connecting, and I am sorry that my issue you have never heard about. After you recommendations, my battery says "414 hours remaining" . NC 700 has 20 hours as best. Sadly, the NC700 is a disaster of a product, but you know of this already from all the reviews. Its sad that a world leading product can produce something so aweful, I dont have time for this, I just want it to work without spending hours on this column trying different fixes (which apparently dont work). 

/Ron