Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2021

NC 700 Bluetooth connection to Windows PC

Bose product name NC 700

Country  USA

Firmware Version  1.8-2-11524+e0f7590

App Version  current

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)  

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce 

I could not connect the NC 700 to my PC using the computer's settings/bluetooth method.  However, I was finally able to make connection the Bose Music app on my iPhone, multiple attempts were required). The NC 700 shows up in my settings, devices and when I click on the speaker icon in the task bar.  However, no sound comes through the headset.  I have a Bose Companion 5 speaker system as my default speaker on this computer.  The sound comes through those speakers even though the I moved to a laptop and installed the NC 700, and it works fine there.  I temporarily removed the Companion system, and still no luck.  

I will return the headset if I cannot get it to work.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

What environment do you experience the issue in  - typical quiet home office

When did you start to experience the issue?  Immediately upon receipt and installation.  Did it work correctly previously?  Not applicable.

Any troubleshooting steps you took   I looked online and tried a few things as a result.  Very frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: NC 700 Bluetooth connection to Windows PC

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are having some concerns in connecting your headphones to your computer. 

When you connect your headphones to your computer, is the connection confirmed in your Bluetooth settings?

Do you have any issues in connecting your headphones to any other products?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
billybrame@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2021

In perhaps as many as 30 attempts it showed a connection two times.  However, there was no audio coming through the headphones.  I was able to connect to my Microsoft Surface (Windows 10) just fine.  But since I bought the NC 700 specifically for my Dell Precision desktop,  I still needed a solution.

I called Bose support and spent 47 minutes with a very friendly person, but got nowhere in terms of solving the issue.  She suggested returning the headphones and getting a replacement.

I did that... same exact problem with the new one.  I called Dell support.  Again no solution.  I called Bose again... still no solution.

I returned that second set and will receive a Sony headphone set today.

The internet is full of posts with this same problem.  While some end with specific solutions, none of them worked for me.  I wasted hours attempting to get them to work.  I am a long-time Bose customer, having spent thousands of dollars over the last 30 years.  It would be kind if Bose were to either find a solution or include a warning in their advertisement that there is a history of problems connecting to a Windows 10 desktop.

Jeff_G

Hi Billy, 

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you had issues pairing your headphones with your PC. Not all computers support audio streaming via Bluetooth - if you find the new headphones do not support audio streaming, it's possible this is the case for yours. 

When a connection has been established, it's also worth noting that the computer may not always automatically switch to the headphones as the audio output. The easiest way to switch is to click the volume icon on your taskbar, then above the volume slider you will see the name of the audio output if it says anything besides NC700 Headphones, click the name then choose the headphones from the list. 

I hope this helps you or anyone experiencing a similar issue! 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!