Highlighted
sisto
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

Is it possible to disable AUTO-OFF on the NC700's?

I'm wanting to use these headphones for work, make / receive calls as well as music and if I put them down and leave them, they power-off as per the user guide after 10 minutes due to no motion / movement detected which I'm finding incredibly frustrating when my phone rings and I put on the headphones, tap twice on the right headphone and nothing happens because they've AUTO-OFF'd / powered off.

I've set AUTO-OFF in the Bose Music App to NEVER and also tried AUTO-OFF after three hours etc...... but no joy.

I've had to revert back to my Bose in-ear QC30's which do have auto-off disabled from the Bose Connect App and work fine.

Any ideas?  Can AUTO-OFF for the new bleeding edge NC 700's be disabled please else I'll be sending them back unfortunately.

Thanks

Si

119 REPLIES 119
Pmdaandiego
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

EXACT SAME ISSUE!  This is my SECOND set of 700s, the first were replaced after this issue was troubleshooted with no results.  After about 10 minutes of no motion detected the headphones POWER OFF.  I specifically purchased these to try and sleep on airplane flights, they are completely useless and I have spent $400 on a paperweight.  Thanks for nothing Bose.  How about fixing this issue. 

@sisto wrote:

Is it possible to disable AUTO-OFF on the NC700's?

I'm wanting to use these headphones for work, make / receive calls as well as music and if I put them down and leave them, they power-off as per the user guide after 10 minutes due to no motion / movement detected which I'm finding incredibly frustrating when my phone rings and I put on the headphones, tap twice on the right headphone and nothing happens because they've AUTO-OFF'd / powered off.

I've set AUTO-OFF in the Bose Music App to NEVER and also tried AUTO-OFF after three hours etc...... but no joy.

I've had to revert back to my Bose in-ear QC30's which do have auto-disabled from the Bose Connect App and work fine.

Any ideas?  Can AUTO-OFF for the new bleeding edge NC 700's be disable please else I'll be sending them back unfortunately.

Thanks

Si

Hi Pmdanndiego, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I have passed this information onto the development team to investigate this further. I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Hi All, 

I have passed this information onto the development team who want to know a little more information on this issue. Could you please answer the following: 

1. Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? 
  2. What software version are the headphones running?
  3. Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off?
  4. Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”?
  5. What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

sisto
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi Hector,

See in-line below.

• Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? 

I'm on phone calls via a cellular network.  When I'm actually talking on the phone, the headset does not power off as is the case when listening to music. That said, I've not had a phone call longer than 10 minutes yet.  My issue is that I put the headphones down on the table and leave them where upon they power off, hence they're powered off when the phone rings.

• What software version are the headphones running?

I put the latest version on on Saturday 13th July, I think it is V1.1.4?  Not got headphones with me right now.  I had to install the update manually, via USB cable into my Mac because via phone / Bose Music app it continually said updating and then failing

• Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off?

I'm sat down although the headphones are on the table / desk

• Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”?

Correct, I have auto-off set to "never"

• What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 

I'm connected to my iPhone X with latest iOS 12.3.1

Thanks

Simon

Hi Sisto, 

Thanks for posting and providing me with this feedback. 

I will pass this onto the development team and update this thread as soon as I know more. 

Please can other users also answer the questions above so that we can further investigate this issue?

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Pmdaandiego
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Sure Hector, I also have the latest firmware, tried re loading it as per the support suggestion, I tried setting it to three hours, instead of never, I tried it bluetooth to my Ipad and Iphone, listened to recorded music, streaming radio and Youtube, the results are always the same.  How about fixing this!?!?!?  

Hi Pmdaandiego, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please answer the questions that I have posted above in the thread so that I can forward them onto the development team to be looked into further? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Pmdaandiego
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Pmdaandiego, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please answer the questions that I have posted above in the thread so that I can forward them onto the development team to be looked into further? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Sure Hector, I have already spent HOURS trouble shooting and WASTED time with this issue on your product so why not waste MORE of my valuable time (and money) on this problem.  Here, I will spell it out very clearly for you

Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype  -

I do not use this product with skype, so can only answer via cellular network.  It powers off if I do not move for (aproximately) 10 minutes. 

What software version are the headphones running?

1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b

Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off?

I have tried it lying completely horizontal, like taking a nap, also relaxing on a recliner, at about a 45 degree angle.  I have also tried it roughly sitting upright, on a plane.   Results are the same.  I have never tried it while standing up

Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”?

I have tried it at "Never"  "Three Hours" and "One Hour"   Results are consisently the same, the unit powers completely down after ten minutes. 

What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 

I have tried it with two different Iphones, an Iphone 8 and an Iphone 10s, and my Ipad, an Air2.  Results are the same

I have also tried this at your tech supports suggestion:  Powering it all the way down by listening to it while moving and then re-charging, same result.  I have tried to re load the firmware, which it would not let me because I am on the latest.  I have turned it off and on several times between the auto-shut offs, SAME RESULTS, the unit powers off after ten minutes. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Your customers are looking forward to BOSE FIXING THIS ISSUE.  Right now I have a useless pair of $400 paperweights and am waiting for my SECOND replacement, which I am sure will have the same problem.  How about raising this issue to people that will fix it. 

Hi Pmdanndiego, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I appreciate you answering these questions for us! 

I completely understand your frustrations regarding this and have raised this issue to the relevant team who have requested that community members answer these questions so that they can better understand the issue and look to resolve this. Thanks for your feedback regarding this and I would urge any other community members to also answer the questions above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B