Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Re: NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

@Liam_W wrote:

Hi there everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to post, and I would be happy to clarify here.

At the current time, the "Auto-Off" setting in the Bose Music app pertains to whether the system will power down or not if there has been no audio playing for the time period set.

For example, with Auto-Off enabled to 20 minutes, the headset would power down after 20 minutes of not playing audio.

Many of you are correct in observing that there is a second Auto-Off feature that is related to movement (this is called Motionless Shutdown). If the headset has been without motion for 10 minutes, this will power down the headset to conserve battery life regardless of the auto-off setting. This is normally very sensitive to motion, so if you're slightly moving while wearing these they will not shut down in this way.

We've heard the feedback from you all in our Community regarding the ability to adjust the Motionless Shutdown period, and we have raised this to be investigated, to see if this can be implemented as an option in the future.

We will post updates on the Community if we expect this to change in the future. 

Please let me know if any of you have any other questions!

Liam W - Community Support

So please take this as constructive remark..imagine you are on a plane or decide to go to sleep with them on for whatever reason...the minute you go to sleep (or 10 minutes later max) you will have a loud DING  that not only shuts the headphone off,but also definitely wakes you up. 

What's the common sense behind that?  I say this because this has happened to me every time ..and makes my headphone obsolete for my purpose...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Same here.

Still no solution for the AUTO-OFF of the bose NC700?

I use them in the office as my main headphones and when someone calles me I want to be able to pick them and answer.

I'm using the latest fw and latest Bose Music app.

Is there a solution for this problem? 

Highlighted

Hello valiciopei, 

Thank you for taking the time to post in our Community Forums. 

There is no update from our engineers yet, but as soon as there is we will update the Community Forms. 

We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Same issue.   The new NC700s are plagued with issues.  Looking forward to a fix to the auto-off issue as well as the crackling audio with Windows 10.

D

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Hoping for a quick solution but not expecting it. I'm scheduled to take a long flight Sep 2nd and honestly this was the only reason I purchased the headphones in the hope of helping me sleep. So, just adding an extra comment to help hurry the process along.

As you can see below, the online support page advises the motion detected auto-off can be adjusted whereas the PDF manual makes no such claim.

Online (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/powering-on-off-headphones.html)

Auto-off conserves the headphone battery by using motion detection. The headphones power off when you have not moved the headphones or tapped the touch surface for 10 minutes. This setting can be adjusted in the Bose Music app.

PDF manual

Auto-off conserves the headphone battery by using motion-detection. The headphones power off when you have not moved the headphones for 10 minutes.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Any updates? One of Apps on my Mac completelly losts sound if headphones losts connection.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

**bleep** Auto Shutoff 700 headphones

**bleep** you mean that you designed the NCH 700s to auto shut off 10 mins in of perfect blissful sound?  I’ve bought every Bose product and you guys don’t listen to g/d thing I suggest back to you.  If that wasn’t bad enuff, there’s the jarring cord sound to jolt me out of enjoying the music,  Hey Bose, back in the box and return to the Bose store they go!  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

So Get this ... Bose 700s have a 10+ hour battery that auto shuts off no matter what setting you select in the u/i.  I am returning and buying Sony cans that WORK MORE THAN 10 MINUTES!!I. g/d geniuses.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

For 400 bucks and change these should have been ready to go out of the box.  The g/d Bose geniuses shipped knowing a ten hour battery will only play 10 minutes before shutting off. Look great - sound great - work like sheeet.  Returning and buying ugly Sony cans that WORK!  They aren’t elegant — but the PLAY MUSIC!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

A ten hour battery that’s only good for ten minutes before the $400 headphones shut off.  Returned and buying Sony cans. What do Bose, Kodak, Erickson and BlackBerry have in common?  Hmmm