Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

Bose are you reading these posts?  YOUR customers are returning their "10 Minutes and Shutdown" NC 700's.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Bose I don't think you really understand where your reputation is headed when it comes to designing and manufacturing the best NC headphones.  The sound you hear in the distance is the toilet flushing your rep down the sewer.  Hello!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi All. 

Thank you all for posting and sharing your feedback on this!

I completely understand everyone's frustrations and I can assure you all that this has been escalated to the relevant teams and is something that is actively being looked into. 

At this moment in time we don't have any update on this and we will update the community as soon as we know more. We appreciate your patience while this is being investigated. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Spreading this defect on social media, mainly with reviewers of the product (youtube, etc.) so they can let their followers know to stay away.  Hopefully, it'll force Bose to get off their as*es and do something about it.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I can't belive that Bose can't provide an official answer.

How many weeks should we keep the headphones in their box?  Until the competition launch a better one?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 19, 2018

I think the fear of an update is stopping this. I had the QC35 and after an update they would randomly turn on and connect to my phone. I was sent a new pair to remedy that. I cannot stand them turning them off almost every time I put them down at work. My music then comes out of my speakers disrupting anyone around. I have about another week in my return period and I'm just fed up.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Very keen to get an official response on this. Have an 11 hour flight on Sep 2nd. What are the chances of the issue being resolved by then? Slim, I know 🙂 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

That is no doubt the worst decision taken by Bose.

So I can't neither:

• listen to an audiobook while sitting or laying down

• use it fore sleeping during flights

• watching a video/movie

• meditate

... for more than 10 mins?

My guess is that Bose too worried about battery draining issues to let users disable Auto-OFF.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

The most annoying decision is they obviously don’t care.  No updates, no responses, you are losing a lot of customers Bose, are you listening?  Nope, they don’t care 

Highlighted

Hi Everybody, 

Thank you for continuing to be active in this thread. It gives us a good indication of how many of you are affected by this issue. 

Whilst the Auto-off Function was originally designed as a feature to help with the conservation of battery, It is clear that this feature is not ideal for everyone and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. 

Though we do not have an update for you at this time, please be reassured that our development team is aware of this concern and are actively finding a solution. When we have an update, we will make the Community aware. 

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Warm Regards,

Community Admin

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I think we all agree with you that the Auto-off Function was originally designed as a feature to help with the conservation of battery but is not working.