Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

Several weeks of issues and nothing from Bose. It would seem the ability to update the firmware is broken. I guess we are stuck with them as is. Going to sell them cheap and never buy Bose products again. Sad indeed..... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

@Community_Admin wrote:

Hi Everybody, 

Thank you for continuing to be active in this thread. It gives us a good indication of how many of you are affected by this issue. 

Whilst the Auto-off Function was originally designed as a feature to help with the conservation of battery, It is clear that this feature is not ideal for everyone and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. 

Though we do not have an update for you at this time, please be reassured that our development team is aware of this concern and are actively finding a solution. When we have an update, we will make the Community aware. 

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Warm Regards,

Community Admin

***UPDATE*** Just spoke with a Bose rep about a separate issue and also brought up this Motionless Shutdown issue and THEY ARE NOT AWARE THAT THIS IS A DEFECT.  I REPEAT:

THEY

ARE

NOT 

AWARE

OF

THIS

DEFECT

Said rep then said they are collating as much data as they can but never acknowledged it was a defect.  So this above reply again is a runaround answer as the development teams are not aware.  BTW, the Bose rep became quite hostile after I politely grilled him about this.  Bose you might want to work on your customer service.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

in this case, How can we make them aware?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hey BOSE, PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

How to take a nap on airplane with this idiotic auto shut off??

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Hey Bose,

My girlfriend and I were each about to buy the 700 headphones, but this Auto Shut-Off due to a lack of motion for 10 minutes is an absolute deal breaker.   How is it possible that you don't allow the customer an override option for this absurd setting?

Pass this along to your engineers....  

people like music; people like sleeping; some people like listening to music while they sleep

people travel; some of those people can't sleep on planes or trains, but they like to sit still and relax to music

people meditate; some people like to meditate while listening to music

These are relaxing activities which intentionally don't require movement.....neither should the headphones.

This is an astounding oversight and flaw in the design of these headphones.  Sorry, but it's costing you business and the toll is untold due to lost loyal customers over something so obviously stupid. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

@Audiohead13 wrote:

Hey Bose,

My girlfriend and I were each about to buy the 700 headphones, but this Auto Shut-Off due to a lack of motion for 10 minutes is an absolute deal breaker.   How is it possible that you don't allow the customer an override option for this absurd setting?

Pass this along to your engineers....  

people like music; people like sleeping; some people like listening to music while they sleep

people travel; some of those people can't sleep on planes or trains, but they like to sit still and relax to music

people meditate; some people like to meditate while listening to music

These are relaxing activities which intentionally don't require movement.....neither should the headphones.

This is an astounding oversight and flaw in the design of these headphones.  Sorry, but it's costing you business and the toll is untold due to lost loyal customers over something so obviously stupid. 

VERY WELL SAID Audio, and I agree completely.  RIght now my 700s are $400 paperweights.  I am probably going to replace them with the Bowers and WIlkins, or maybe Senheiser, lots of money, but incredible as it may seem those brands actually stay ON until I turn them off; truly amazing.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Went internet searching while

on the plane to find out how to turn off this feature, was trying to sleep with them on, but kept waking up to the headphones turned off. 

This doesn’t make sense, why do they turn off? Just because I’m asleep doesn’t mean I want them off. The active noise canceling helps my ears and I can listen to quiet jazz.

I’m very disappointed at the moment. 

When will this be fixed @bose?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

(NCH 700) How to turn off motion detection auto off feature?

Went internet searching while

on the plane to find out how to turn off this feature, was trying to sleep with them on, but kept waking up to the headphones turned off. 

This doesn’t make sense, why do they turn off? Just because I’m asleep doesn’t mean I want them off. The active noise canceling helps my ears and I can listen to quiet jazz.

I’m very disappointed at the moment. Is there a fix I don’t know about? This makes them pretty inconvenient for traveling/sleeping and I’d like to look into a refund if it’s not possible to turn off. 

i hope someone can help me.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Bose, please advise a fix for this.  It is very disappointing with no response to this issue.  We as the consumer need the ability to turn this feature off.  As soon as I am in a state of relaxing the headphones shut off due to no movement.   Does not mean I'm not using them. I am using and actively listening.   If I ever take a plane ride, the headphones will more then likely stay home and I'll take my QC NC15 headphones with me..  Please understand this is a feature that is giving me a bad experience.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Also, it seems the auto shut off feature in the app contradicts the motion auto off...  Seems to me this was an oversight.  Or was the auto off feature suppose to include the motion and that some how on release, software/firmware was corrupted.   Bose should get this fixed ASAP before these headphones get a worse rap more then what they are getting right now for this issue..  It would go a long way with consumers if they fix this now opposed to later.