Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Re: (NCH 700) How to turn off motion detection auto off feature?

I did the same thing. Tried napping in them. Off they went! Then they told me twice about how many hours they had left on them after I turned them on, some time later all by themselves. I didn’t touch them! There is no fix for the auto shut off! Not sure what happened on the time announcement? I’m so sad I had to return mine. I don’t want the competitors headphones as they don’t sound as good. But I’ll be forced to get them, as I need something that stays on and that I can sleep in! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Re: NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

The communication on this issue is abysmal, this is my first Bose product and it seems like it'll be my last. No time-frame or even any assurance of a fix in the pipeline? Seems this feature is baked into the hardware and they're just buying time as a software fix should't take this long. 

Real shame, gorgeous overall design completely undermined by a single, truly shortsighted design decision.

Think I'll be taking my $500 (cad) elsewhere, just hope the store will take my exchange this afternoon as this is defective even if it was a deliberate choice on the part of the engineers.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

They replied to me. Basically said "that they listen to what our customers want and pass your feedback onto the development team for consideration in furture updates. Have a great day!". I wouldn't count on them fixing this issue with this set of headsets. Just my 2 cents.Sad

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Same issue for me with the NC 700s. Powering down after 10 mins of no movement. I spoke with a Bose representative and mine was the FIRST CASE he has heard of involving this issue. He had me reset the headphones and it did not fix the problem. He then offered to send me a replacement pair and I declined because I do not want another pair of these. I took mine back to Best Buy and talked them into letting me return them(past due date). Again, as of 9/10/19 Bose phone center reps are UNAWARE or claim to be UNAWARE OF THIS MASSIVE ISSUE!!!  BOSE, PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO WIN BACK YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I couldn’t agree with you more. They need to fix this. But I’m sure it’s a hardware issue at this point. I’m just heartbroken over this. I loved the experience, but I need them to stay on! 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Well, I don't know if it's hardware or software or what, and obviously Bose is not going to do anything about it, I have already purchased replacements (B and W), but I wanted to do one last thing.  I printed up this entire thread and am sending it registered mail to Bose Corporate.  Will it acomplish anything?  Probably not, but at least they can not say they were un-aware of this problem; (by the way, there are other threads describing this same issue).  What a dissgrace Bose. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I tried to post on some of the other threads about my story and on some of the reviews floating around as I think people should know before they can’t return them or haven’t fully been able to try them out. Honestly if I hadn’t tried taking a nap, which I rarely do, I probably wouldn’t have known they shut off by themselves for a while. Thanks for the heads up on the B&M’s. The IFA in Berlin just ended so I’m going to see what gets released in Sept & Oct for the new headphones. Seems like the industry is improving rapidly across the board and more companies are getting into the game or upping their game. I’m just bummed about Bose. Always had respect for them and I really loved these headphones. They fit my ears perfectly & of course liked the sound. I hope you reach corporate and they fix this issue and get a higher line of Managers attention. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Did anyone contact any tech media with this thread? Its a good clickbait story. The gyro mechanical speculation and all that 🙂

Or maybe that wouldnt be nessecary, bose you have a date for us now when we can sleep with our headset??

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

It is a good clickbait. No I didn’t, but I did add to some YouTube threads comments. Hopefully someone will read them! I actually slept in mine the night before and don’t remember them tuning off or being woken up by it. So I must have moved enough for it not to trigger. It wasn’t until I layed down face up and tried to take a nap that they turned off! Not once, but 3 times. I also had them at one point randomly tell me how much battery hours were left, like 2 or three times in a row. I wasn’t touching a thing. I was just laying there trying to sleep. Needless to say that didn’t happen! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

After all of this reading with speculation they may never fix it, decided to return (still inside 30 day window). Bose cutomer service rep was super sassy and unhelpful, but we were able to get the return processed.

Super bummed, because besides this feature, I thought they looked good, were well made and were super comfortable.

Will look back into the qc 35s or try out these sony's or B&W's.