Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Re: NC 700 - Can you disable AUTO-OFF?

New user here and just sent an email also. I just got back from my first international trip with the ANC 700s and encountered this "feature" when trying to sleep. Initially I thought something my be defective with the headphones, but searching I found this and other threads. 

This really must be something that is user configurable. I can totally see myself leaving this on when using the headphones in my office, where it might actually be useful to save battery, but then turning it off when I'm on a long flight. The "extend to 1 hour" solution proposed by Bose really is not a fix at all. 

Please make this something that we can configure!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Amen! New 1.2.11 firmware has been released. It doesn't shut down the headset after 10 minutes of being motionless.

IMG_6553.PNGIMG_6556.PNGIMG_6557.jpg

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi All,

I am please to confirm that we have released a firmware update which contains an increase in the auto-off timer to 1-hour. There are other improvements included which you can read about here . The update is already available on the Bose Music app, and it will be available on the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) very soon.

Please do let us know what you think of this update once you have installed it and used it for a while. We would love to know!

All the best,

Anne

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

That's good news although alas, i returned mine a while back.  Looking at other options such as Sony, Dali and B&W.

Increasing to one hour is an improvement although one should be able to disable altogether so I'm afraid I'll not be re-purchasing.

Regards

Simon

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Sennheiser has a new PXC 550-2 that is due out in the next week or so. You can connect it to 2 devices. Has all the latest codex and u can pre-order at Crutchfield with 2 day free shipping when it comes in. I’m awaiting this one. Feel bad for these folks. I returned mine as well. 1 hour is not a fix. It’s just prolonged agony to be woken up at a later time. But glad they did something positive! 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Just posted today in another forum with same basic topic, a FIX! 🙂

On October 24th 2019, we are releasing new firmware for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This update can be made through the Bose Music App. The update will be available on the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) very shortly.

This is what we did:

• Made improvements to conversation mode
  • Increased Auto-Off No Motion Detection timer from 10 mins to 1 hour
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning under the hood
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I am definitely glad that this has been extended to an hour, but as said earlier I really hope that Bose makes this configurable eventually. When I am trying to sleep on a long flight one hour is certainly not long enough. And while I'm in the office, I frankly wouldn't mind keeping it set to 10 minute. Allowing the user to adjust for their specific scenario is really the best case. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

I flew from LAX to JFK, and slept for at least 3 straight hours without them turning off.  That's a first.

Way to go, Bose!!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Can someone confirm that this issue has been fixed in 1.2.11 ? It seems like Bose support indicated that the motionless auto-off has been updated to shut off after 1 hour but Imvasyl is saying there's a `never` option ? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

I will say with the update to push the 10 minute no motion auto off feature to 1 hr seems to work for me.  I have put on my headphones at around 10pm or so at least 5 to 7 times recently and have woke up around 3 to 3:30 am to use the restroom and music was still playing.   So for me the update seems to work...