Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

NC 700 Firmware Wont Upgrade

I just recently bought 2 pairs of NC 700 headphones, one refurbished (due to being available in black) and one brand new soapstone via the recent sale.

The soapstone model was able to recognize that a firmware upgrade was available and update successfully, unlocking the equalizer function. However, the black refurbished model claims the firmware is up to date, which is clearly not the case as the equalizer function is not available. 

Any idea how to update the headphones that erroneously think they have the latest firmware, so I can unlock the equalizer? 

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Bose NCH 700 Wont Update

Hello, as I'm writing this it is May 14th, and I just discovered the update now as I just bought my Bose 700 headphones yesterday. They are on firmware version 1.2.6, and on the updater site, it doesn't give me the option to update it, even to 1.3.1.

I want to be able to update to firmware 1.4.12 now, and the updater site isn't showing that either, and I haven't received a notification from the Bose Music app either. My PC is an HP laptop, and my phone is an iPhone 7 plus. Both my devices are on their latest software.

I hope this problem can be solved quickly.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app. I downloaded it on a different device. I tried using the Bose updater website (btu.bose.com) on both chrome and edge on 2 different laptops. And they all yielded the same result. If anyone has any other suggestions, please leave them below.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Bose NCH 700 Wont Update

Hello Isaac, 

I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to update your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700's. 

Do you receive any error messages at all when you attempt to update your headphones?

Can you also confirm that this is btu.bose.com you are using to attempt to perform your update?

Do you also mind informing us where you purchased your headphones? Are you able to connect to the Bose Music app?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted

Re: NC 700 Firmware Wont Upgrade

Hello Mran0524, 

I am sorry that you are struggling to update your refurbished headphones. I would love to do what I can to help. 

Are you trying to update via the Bose Music app or on our updater website btu.bose.com?

I look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I can’t figure out how to prompt an update check in the Bose Music App, but it hasn’t prompted the update automatically like the soapstone model did. I also hooked into my computer with the usb-c cable and attempted to update via the Updater website, and that Confusingly said it was up to date, even though it’s not. 

Highlighted

Let's have a look at what the current firmware is stating. 

To view info about your product in the Bose Music app:

• In the Bose Music app, tap the My Bose icon  in the upper-left

• Select the desired product

• Tap Settings

• Tap Technical Info
  • Here you will find the current firmware version of your product
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

The firmware version is 1.2.6-1699+6050a44

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

No, I dont receive any error messages. It says "Your product is up to date" and tells me Im on version 1.2.6, which is not up to date. I have been using btu.bose.com and ive tried this on numerous computers and browsers, and I also tried using the Bose Music app on a different phone. could this be something wrong with the headphones themselves? And I bought them from ebay, but from Bose directly. Im sure of it because the account had a varification. Yes, i can connect to Bose Music, I just never received an update prompt.

Highlighted

Thank you very much for confirming this information. Out of interest, are these factory refurbished headphones?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Yes, they are.