Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

NC 700 Hands-free output issue Windows 10

Hi everyone,

I just purchased last week a new pair of the Bose 700 NC to try it out within 30 days, with one of the first target to use it for call (VoIP & VoLTE) on both my laptop operating Windows 10 and my Galaxy S10 phone.

No issue with the phone but with the laptop (as I've seen for many others) it's another story to get it right:

- First pairing was done quickly but every time I removed and tried over again, the NC 700 was paired by the laptop as a Headphone, therefore the Bose Microphone couldn't be selected as input and had to rely on the PC Mic. But at least sound output in the Bose was good.

- after many tests, following various tips on internet and Bose community forum, I succeeded to get the NC 700 paired to my laptop as a hands-free and not anylonger as a headphone, having therefore the Bose microphone input too.

But now the problem is that it looks like since the Bose is identified as a hands-free, my NC 700 is always in a call mode with the laptop, meaning it desactivates NC, let pass through surrounding sound whatever I'm not listening to anything, play music or video on laptop.

Hope I made my problem clear.

Is there any way to get for output the Bose identified as a headphone and as a hands-free for the input? 
I don't see any parameter in Playback or anything to improve that.

Thanks in advance

Kr,

Sylvain

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Re: NC 700 Hands-free output issue Windows 10

updating already:

it's always when you finally ask the IT support colleague or question the community that you finally find out the solution 🙂

I've succeeded to get it two times paired (don't ask me how, testing again) for output:

- once as a headphone

- one as a hands-free

and as hands-free for headphone.

Then you can set-up headphone as default output.

Result: PC switch to BOSE NC 700 Headphone when you play music/video, etc. and switch to BOSE NC 700 hands-free when you initiate a Skype for business call in my case. And all of this being paired as well with my phone which doesn't create any conflict.

So conclusion for the moment : great great stuff from that perspective to manage multi-point, VoIP calls, regular 2G/VoLTE calls.

Next step: confirm that quality is good from the mic in Skype call.

I leave the post as it could help some other looking for same usage of the NC 700 😉