sudo_root
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Re: NC 700 Headphones: Audio Dropouts When Connected to Multiple Devices

nothing in this thread worked for me, I disabled handoff on my Mac as this suggested and it has at least reduced the frequency in which it happens to maybe once an hour instead of every 2 minutes or so, definitely more tolerable at least.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradmoon/2017/07/13/this-trick-may-solve-your-mac-bluetooth-connectivit...

aturkewi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I've been having this issue since I got the headphones and the only fix for me was to use the app to disconnect from any devices I wasn't using.

BUT! Today I caught the 1.8.2 update (https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/jx3v0z/big_update_on_the_nc700_today_does_anyone_know/) and it seems to have fixed this problem for me! For the past hour I've have the headphones connected to multiple devices and I'm not hearing the glitching anymore.

davidlopezgar
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

On firmware 1.8.2, I have audio glitches when connected to Macbook Pro 2016 and iPhone 6s Plus simultaneously. It makes the headphones unusable. The audio glitches occur several times per minute. The only solution is turned off the connection of the iPhone in the Bose Music app. Please, solve this issue, it is very annoying.

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro 16 (catalina) and and iPhone X (ios 13) - but interestingly if I connect to an iPad and the iPhone then it doesn't seem to do it. Its something about the MacBook perhaps?

I tried setting the forced use of aptx on the macbook but that didn't seem to do anything (it was a long shot anyway).

I think they just don't know to be honest... i may have to send them back which is a shame.

mmoulder@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2021

I have the same issue with MacBook Pro and iPhone Xs Max. Please Please fix this, it is almost unusable. 

shufla
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

I'm having the same problem since i got my Headphones one year ago. My Headphones are on Firmware 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

The problem only occurs for me when i am connected simultaneously to my iPhone XS Max and an additional device like an iPad Pro or a MacBook Pro. The connection regularly drops out. As soon as i disconnect my iPhone XS Max, the dropouts are gone.

Tested the same scenario with my old Bose QC 35 the same problem did not occur.

I am very disappointed that this problem has not been resolved by now. There has not been a firmware update in a long time and every update in the past didn't address this issue.

rakraul
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2021

I have upgraded my Soundlink over-ear headphones with NC 700 on 24/04/2021. My Headphone always connected to my iPad Air 2 and iPhone XS Max. Every 10 min I will have a 2-second audio drop. I thought there is an issue with my version, so I started checking the forum and landed on this thread. I tried all the suggestions, but there was no luck, so I visited the Dubai Mall Bose store on 01/05/2021. Store staff and attempted to replicate the issue, but we could not repeat it. So decide to carry my devices in next visit. This time (08/05/2021), we manage to replicate the issue consistently. The store manager was ready to replace the Headphone with a new one, but we both were unsure that the changing device would resolve the issue. So we tested all demo NC 700, and all of them having the same problem with my devices. We concluded that the iPad Air is an older device, and the Bluetooth version is different between my iPad and iPhone, which may be causing the issue. I was planning to upgrade my iPad to iPad Pro 2021, so I thought it would solve my problem.

On 21/05/2021, I got my new iPad, and the first thing I did checking my headphones, unfortunately, the same issue. So it is not a Bluetooth issue; instead, it's with NC700 Software and the way it handles multiple devices.

It is very disappointing that we come from our experience of old devices and consider that Bose will maintain all quality standards, so we do not need to check all options and features before upgrading the device, but that's not so true.