Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

NC 700 Headphones Silver Discoloration

I've had the NC 700 Silver since September 2019 and I've enjoyed it, but now it's getting yellow-ish discoloration on the aluminum parts here and there. When I called customer support, my repair request got denied simply because it's "out of warranty" and I got a "special" offer to purchase the headphone again for $285.

This is clearly a production quality issue for the early batches of the product rather than a regular warranty claim, as we can see so many similar posts from Bose Community and Reddit. 

I need some help from Bose to find out a solution. I really like Bose headphones, own several myself and the quality has always been great. That's why I knew it's risky to be an early adopter, I still decided to get the NC 700. Now with the discoloration, it looks really bad. 

Thanks folks for reading through and I appreciate the helps in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NC 700 Headphones Silver Discoloration

Author Accepted Answer selected by csun

I am so sorry to see this!

Are you located in the United States, Canada or the UK? Please reach out to Bose directly through Facebook direct message or via Twitter private message (Bose Service) an agent here will be able to assist you and get this resolved. 

If you're in a different region, do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hey csun,

Thank you for taking the time to post and explaining the difficulty you're having - I'd be happy to assist.

The NC700 headphones will come with an included carry case, is this where you stored the headphones at all times when you were not using them? Also, do you use these headphones in certain weathers or have you ever left them in certain locations that may have caused discoloration?

It'd be great if you could post some images of your headphones, so we can see the extent of discoloration. Also, whereabouts are you located, and did you purchase the headphones directly from Bose?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Hey @Sam_F , thanks for replying here. Here are some more information regarding your questions:

Thanks for the help and let me know if you need more information!

IMG_0235.jpegIMG_0237.jpeg

Author Accepted Answer selected by csun

I am so sorry to see this!

Are you located in the United States, Canada or the UK? Please reach out to Bose directly through Facebook direct message or via Twitter private message (Bose Service) an agent here will be able to assist you and get this resolved. 

If you're in a different region, do let us know. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Yes I live in the US. I'll try to contact them via Twitter and report back. Thanks!

Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Happy to report back @BoseService resolved my issue! Thanks again for all the help!