NC 700 Headphones, app connection and touch control issues

Highlighted
Silent Starter

NC 700 Headphones, app connection and touch control issues

I just bought my new headphones two day ago and they set up fine.  Since trying to turn them on and reconenct to the app, I have been unable to do this.  I have tried all steps as recommended in other threads, but my headphones still say not available. The app appears to be recognising them but I am not sure why they are saying not available.  When I tried the hard reset and retried paring them to the phone, they paired withe phone, but again the app came back saying connection was unsucessful. Bluetooth, is on, IOS is updated and this is becoming very frustrating.  

Further more the touch controls only work sometimes.  When I am playing music, I can turn volume up or down, but can not, play, pause or skip fwd or back.

I had such high expections - if you could call high expections just the expectation that they would work as advertised....

Hopefully someone can help.

thx

9 REPLIES 9
Silent Starter

Re: NC 700 Headphones, app connection and touch control issues

Same issue here. Bought two versions from Apple and both have the same problem. Although I'm running iOS 13. On my iPad Os13, no issues. But on my phone, the touch controls to pause, fast forward and back are lost after a few seconds of them initially working having being just turned on. Totally ruined the experience for me having to pull the phone out to pause and skip music all the time 

Hi @KaraM and @Kennymilo and welcome to our Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had with setup and controls on our app, and would be happy to help!

Firstly, can I ask that you both try these with another mobile device, such as a tablet or a friends phone? If you are able to setup the headphones on that device, can you ensure that these are up to date, then connect these back to the original devices?

Following this, can I ask which music services you're using that are not controlling the touch controls? If you use more than one, do you experience these issues with both?

Please return to me when you can 😊!

Liam W - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi Liam, I tried on both my iPad Pro 2018 and my iPhone 8.  Both have the latest version of IOS.  Originally the app connected on my phone but now just wont.  I have done all the recommended resets, inc the headphones, deleting the app etc.  I tried more on my phone and when the app wouldn’t connect on my iPad I just gave up.

I am only using Spotify as a music service and I connected that in the app.

Hi again @KaraM and thanks for your reply.

To make sure I don't ask you to repeat yourself, can I ask which troubleshooting steps you've done exactly?

You've already mentioned clearing the Bluetooth list, a power reset, and updating the iOS. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app, performed the updates to your headphones from our updater website, and tested the music controls with another app (such as downloaded iTunes music)?

I hope to hear back from you soon!

Liam W

Silent Starter

I connected to a pixel 2xl and didn't experience the problem with touch control. But as soon as I'm back on my iPhone XS Max, the touch control doesn't work. Nor can I skip the music from the Bose music app itself. I've tried Apple Music and google music 

Hi there @Kennymilo and thanks for the follow up!

That's very useful to know. Just to confirm, can I ask what version of the OS you're running on your iPhone XS Max, as you noted prior you were using iOS 13 for the iPad but I wanted to check if this was the same for your phone.

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W

Silent Starter

same here on the connect problem.. my headphones are connected to my iPhone and i can listen to music, podcast, youtube etc..

but the app keeps on stating the headphones are not available. In order to use the app (or setup/manage my headphones), I have to fully delete the headphone from the paired bluetooth list (My Devices) and re-execute the entire onboarding procedure from within the app.. and that every time i want to use the app itself

iOS: 12.3.1

iPhone 6S

Hello RZomerman, 

I am sorry to hear you are also having issues with your NC700 Headphones. 

Can you please try updating to 12.4 to see if this helps to resolve your issue? Further to this, if you haven't already, try the troubleshooting listed above by my colleagues. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Silent Starter

Same issue here. Need to delete / reconnect my new Bose 700 to the Bose app and Volume Up / Down works as does battery level, but swipe to advance / go back or play / pause don't work. iPhone XS Max OS 12.4. Pls help. Thanks.