Amaterasu1983
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

NC 700 (How is it out of warranty when it was Bose that replaced a defect in Dec 2020?)

Well through "Repair and Replacement" on the bose website, I have just learned my NC700s are out of warranty BUT it was Bose who did a REPAIR and REPLACEMENT for a defect on said product prior in December 2020.  How is this out of warranty when it's only been 6 months and it's their defect?

Bose has "repaired and replaced" my NC700s three time since 2019 for the same issue:  Constant loud bass type rumbling in the left ear cup and no noise cancellation in both cups which pretty much makes a noise cancelling headphone ineffective.  

To the MODS:  

-my firmware is up to date

-I performed the factory reset

-I cleared the bluetooth connections

-I've done everything MODS always suggest with these types of posts

So my question to you MODS, how is this out of warranty when it's only been 6 months since Bose did the replacement prior in Dec 2020 for their defect?

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: NC 700 (How is it out of warranty when it was Bose that replaced a defect in Dec 2020?)

The website can't tell when they were purchased or sent out to you.  They can only tell when the products were made.  From the serieal number they can get a day/month/year of manufacture.  So the website goes off that. 

If you beleive your products are still in warranty you only have to call the support number instead.  This way you can refer to the receipt, shipping date or invoice date to confirm they are within warranty for service.