Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

NC 700: Music keeps pausing.

I've had this issue intermittently. While playing music (Google Play) - the music will pause every several seconds on its own. No other apps running. Doesn't happen with other headphones.

Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: NC 700: Music keeps pausing.

Hi polyvinyl, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

I would firstly recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Online Updater as well as testing other streaming services to see if the issue persists! 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. If any other community members are also having this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Did you find a solution to this?  I’m having the same issue. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Sadly not a definitive solution. It only happened with me with Google Play. Seemed to largely go away once I uninstalled the Google Assistant app (iOS).

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Thank you for the quick reply!  I feel the symptom of pausing started after I recently installed Google Assist, but did not make the connection. 

I’ve removed Google Assist and I’ve not encountered what was previously occurring every 15 seconds or so. 

Hopefully this helps someone else else in the future!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Just circling back around on this.  So, although it temporarily seemed to fix the problem, it started happening again shortly after my post.

I returned the Bose NC 700's (for more than just this reason) and picked up some Sony WF-1000XM3's.  Ugh! Same thing happening!

Tells me it's either a Bluetooth issue with my phone (iPhone 6) or a Google Play issue.  I tested using Google Play with my headphones not connected and it plays consistently fine just through the speaker of my phone.  As soon as I connect to blue tooth, it immediately starts randomly pausing like every 10 seconds or so.  Feels like it's something to do with the playback features of these bluetooth devices, but I can't get to the bottom of it.