Shri1
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Re: NC 700 - No way to switch devices using the headphones

I see that Bose is completely silent on this issue. So do we have a fix or work around for one of the most used feature.

Can Bose reply with a solution than asking us to use the music app which is a disaster in itself

Xela
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Just purchased these due to rave reviews about headphones ability to switch between devices and make phone calls sound good.

Does Bose simply pay reviewers and ignore consequences? I can't explain why reviewers ignore to point this out. 

Most probably will be returning these. Switching between devices does not work. I'm taking calls from computer directly by turning bluetooth off. Caller can't wait 5 minutes while I'm trying to activate stupid app that seems to lose "connection to the product" 50% of time.

This is crazy.

docbin
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Beats me too.  They have this working on their soundsport almost flawlessly.

Rbarby1127
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

That would be a great option if the music ap worked.  Bose needs to get their stuff together for the prices they charge.  Returning the 700’s ASAP.  

KenR
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Just decided to put my QC35II for sale and switch to the NC700.  Major reasons: I wear them all day long now due to work from home calls etc in addition to tablet movies and what not. Started getting concerned that the small feeling of cabin pressure the 35's give may not be as healthy given the lengths of time I now wore them.

Very happy with the 700 but to my AMAZEMENT DISAPPOINTINGLY have discovered a major flaw that I could not believe a) Bose ditched this superb QC35 feature, and b) none of the tons of YouTube reviewers picked up on this major flaw (collective shame all of you!) I am referring to the QC35's capability of manually switching the CONNECTION (not just audio playback) by using the on/off switch to cycle through the device list of the headset and forcing it to select the desired device.  When one has a list longer than 2, the headsets attempt reconnection with latest 2 devices only.  Only after 1 of these fail do they SOMETIMES look for others.  With the QC35 you could straight away cycle the list and force it to find the desired device instead of waiting, hoping and swearing till it, perhaps, happens!  Saying use the Bose Music app for this is NONSENSE.  I use the headset for the work PC and there's no music app on that.  This feature was USED DAILY all the time.  Just tells us Bose has no touch with what its clients use and and want from their products.  Also cannot believe that in the months the NC700's have been out, this issue has not been resolved.  Shame on you here Bose and shame on the YouTube reviewers (all the ones I saw!!!) who did not pick up on this.  I seriously would have reconsidered the switch, had I known before!

albertalaan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Pairing to multiple devices is the deciding factor for me. But it's rather useless if you are not able to listen to the right device that's playing audio. Why aren't the influencers talking more about this obvious HUGE flaw in the design? Didn't the Bose engineers fully test this MAJOR feature before releasing the device? I find it so hard to believe that no one caught this before the release. I have a feeling that someone at the top ignored this to have a quick answer to Sony's WH-1000XM3. I have four other Bose headsets and are extremely satisfied. Like most Bose fanatics, I'm really disappointed one this one. I'm so glad I kept the box. I hope Bose listens.

deenos
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

After some frustration, I've been able to get device switching working by changing which NC700 BT device I paired to.  During my troubleshooting, I noticed that sometimes when pairing the headphones I would only see the low energy BT device (device name is prefixed by "LE-") and other times I would see a standard "NC700" BT device.

I use my NC700 headphones with my Windows 10 PC and iPhone 11, originally when I first paired the headphones I paired my PC and phone to the low energy (LE-) NC700 device because it was the first device to be displayed.  I didn't think anything of it at the time but I found that getting the headphones to seamlessly switch between PC and phone was a nightmare using the low energy BT device.

After clearing the bluetooth list of devices from the headphones and then re-pairing to the standard NC700 BT device, I've found that the device switching is now working well.  I had to remove/forget the "LE" device on my PC and phone, I also had to uninstall the LE device in device manager on Windows 10 before I could connect to the standard device and get device switching working.

Worth a try if you're having this problem...

rgrantsmith
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Is there a method to toggle between two active audio sources with the controls on the NCH700?

i.e. without stopping an audio stream or opening the Bose android APP.

JoshP
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

@deenos wrote:

After some frustration, I've been able to get device switching working by changing which NC700 BT device I paired to.  During my troubleshooting, I noticed that sometimes when pairing the headphones I would only see the low energy BT device (device name is prefixed by "LE-") and other times I would see a standard "NC700" BT device.

I use my NC700 headphones with my Windows 10 PC and iPhone 11, originally when I first paired the headphones I paired my PC and phone to the low energy (LE-) NC700 device because it was the first device to be displayed.  I didn't think anything of it at the time but I found that getting the headphones to seamlessly switch between PC and phone was a nightmare using the low energy BT device.

After clearing the bluetooth list of devices from the headphones and then re-pairing to the standard NC700 BT device, I've found that the device switching is now working well.  I had to remove/forget the "LE" device on my PC and phone, I also had to uninstall the LE device in device manager on Windows 10 before I could connect to the standard device and get device switching working.

Worth a try if you're having this problem...

This worked for me, thanks!

boris_
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

"You can store up to eight devices in the headphone device list"

My device only stores 2. When I connect to a new device one is removed. It's very annoying