deenos
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Re: NC 700 - No way to switch devices using the headphones

There’s a difference between “pairing” and “connecting”.

You can pair up to 8 devices but you can only connect to 2 devices at any one time.

HarryHansel
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Are you kidding me Bose? I just opened the box today and noticed this issue within the first hour of use. Did you not do any user testing before you launched these to market? Many of your customers use your products in the office and thus have the headphones connected to a computer and a phone at the same time. The QC35's did a good job of automatically switching between the two devices. However for the 700's the only way I can see to do this is by disconnecting the connection on one device. I can't even force switching with your poorly designed app. What were you thinking?

Are you working on the problem? Is there a fix on the way? If you can't at least communicate with your customers than the headphones will be in the mail tomorrow and I'll have my money back thanks. I've had Bose products for over 17 years so perhaps this is the end of my loyalty.

farazy
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hi, 

Has there been any updates on this issue? I have been struggling with this for a couple of days..

At the minimum, please add a button shortcut to switch between sources. 

When I get a call, my audio from computer stops.. when I finish the call, the Headphone many times fails to go back to the computer audio! I need to turn of and turn the headphone back on to recognize both devices and continue listening to my computer audio. 

Lammiwinks
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Yes please! 

A gesture or button to switch sources would be amazing. Much missed feature from prior versions.

As an interim I'm having to resort to using a "third party" app to do my switching. I won't discuss it here but those interested can google / check out reddit. Much more reliable than the Bose Music App!

We shouldn't have to resort to third parties! 

Jdmeade62
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2015

I also don’t like that there isn’t a volume control on the headphones. Can only control from the device your connected to. Not iPhone or iPad friendly. I really thought the NC700 would be better than the QC35. 😭

Lammiwinks
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

There is volume control! Swipe up / down on the side. 

dval2929
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Amplify this X 1000

I can't believe Bose removed the most useful feature of the headphones. I didn't even think to check before buying, since my brain could not fathom Bose removing a feature that made their product better than every other product out there. 

My 35s are a dream. I can toggle between my TV, computer, and phone. 

I bought airpod pros, and they sit in my drawer because there is no way to easily switch devices. 

Honestly dumbfounded here

boris_
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I meant what I said. I know the difference between pairing and connecting. Before the latest update it would only store ie pair ie whatever-you-want-to-call it only 2 devices. Now it sometimes acts up but it's currently holding 4, I'm kinda afraid to try to pair it to something else but I've got the most used stuff paired.

https://streamable.com/xth29h

iovis
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

I absolutely agree. This feature in my QC35 was one of the biggest reasons I favored Bose when upgrading my headphones. I'd prefer to get this feature in the button to trigger the voice assistant, which I never use.

MJ-CorpMgr
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

In today's environment when juggling corporate and home offices as well as traveling, the ability to easily switch between active connected devices is critical.  Many times I may not even have my phone connected, therefore need to manage between 3-4 other devices (laptops, Surface Pro, etc.) and sometimes have to shut down and enable bluetooth services just to manage connectivity to the headset.  Bose needs to prioritize updating and implementing a headset-managed feature (NOT via an app) to switch connection between devices for their 700 headset.