Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TromboneGuy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Re: NC 700 - No way to switch devices using the headphones

@Lammiwinks Could you share the third party app you're using? I have only found info for one such app, and it's iOS only. I am hoping the app you are referring to has an android version. This lack of a feature is very frustrating and I'm willing to try anything.

Mike Hour
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

One year of ignoring this feature request ? I do not want the app eating a connection , enabling location and forcing me to log in. I have a Bluetooth adapter on my tv which does not allow me to turn it off or control it an not being able to use a gesture to switch devices is causing me to give this otherwise good product a poor rating. How hard can this be ?

snoobzilla
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

Just got mine to use for business calls because QC35 not very good there. VERY disappointed not to be able to switch from headphones like QC35. This should be possible in phone firmware.

Oma
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2020

I'm ready to return these headphones because of this issue. I love the sound quality on my conference calls; however, on Zoom calls on my laptop the little voice chirps in to tell me my headphones have paired or unpaired with my iPhone which is asleep (not that it should matter). The rest of the call participants can hear the headphone message updates. It is totally unprofessional - ironic given that I purchased these because they look more professional than wireless gaming headsets that were a comparable alternative. 

I already thought these were too heavy and that asking for app storage and data tracking on my device was out of line. The pairing issue is a bridge too far. 

california3030
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

I also just registered to the community forum to be able to post a reply about this topic. To be honest, I suspect that Bose intentionally did not add this functionality, in order to force users to use the app. Using the app allows Bose, I assume, to harvest user information and use it for a variety of commercial necessities.

Let me say this - Bose is hurting their own long-term respectability by intentionally setting up a device that doesn't function as the users want it to. There are other devices out there, with good sound quality, made by competitors. I bought this device after being very satisfied with my previous QC25 and the SoundMini II. I didn't even seriously consider the competitors. It's true that I haven't returned the 700NC device. I am probably still somewhat captured by the brand magic. But do know that I will sure give a better look at the competition the next time I need an audio device and I will surely share my ambivalent experience with these headphones with friends. It happened to me with other companies and brands that disappointed me and eventually I changed my habits and I am sure this will happen to others. Yes, people tend to have stupid brand loyalty sometimes, and you can temporary exploit it for the sake of getting them to do stuff they don't want to do (like use an app). But people are also eventually break habits too and the company will see that happening with the next round of devices that you'll make (but perhaps the CEO will have a new job already so they don't give a %%%% ).

Armonster
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

I would agree with everyone here that a firmware upgrade is in order. My issue isnt with the application, however, my Bose 700 are connected to my cellphone, my laptop and my MacBook. When my laptop and MacBook connect first, I have to disable those Bluetooth options on the devices before I can connect my headset to my phone since the app will not work without the headset connect to the phone. It is very irritating.

kardusen
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2021

This pair och headphones really blew me away with it's sound quality and build quality, having just upgraded from a budget pair of wireless headphones I was very eager to try these.

But I must say that I'm not sure I will keep them since switching devices is such a hassle.. Why make it so hard? My prior headset did not have this problem at all, and since I paid premium for these headphones I really expected more from the software..

Wouldn't it be possible to remap a button or add a gesture on the touch surface to be able to switch between devices?

ryamac
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

I also joined just to highlight this issue. I have 4 devices that I need to switch between. As a consultant i use two work machines and one phone. My 35s could do this, easily. 

Please can we have this feature back!

theoddtech
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2021

This is crazy, I recently "upgraded" from a pair of QC-35 II's and am seriously considering going back. Between finicky touch controls, and not being able to change devices without the app these headphones are more annoying than useful.

On Topic: As someone with as many as 5 devices in range at any time the headphones frequently will connect to 2 computers, and not my phone at all. So to change which device it's connected to I have to go and turn off bluetooth on every device until it get's to the device I want, or my phone so that I can have control again. How was that not a consideration? Especially when working from home (which i do often even not in COVID times), I have my personal laptop, work laptop, desktop, phone, and pmp. And only my phone can change devices? But I can save another 3 devices to make it even harder if want...

Tony Evans
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2021

In addition to the ongoing crackling noise bug that NC700 have, the designers have missed replicating this good design feature of the QC35s - the ability to easily switch between Bluetooth devices with a simple button on the headphones.  I'm very disappointed with the NC700s.