Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avidetto
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

Re: NC 700 - No way to switch devices using the headphones

I've been a long term advocate of the Bose headphones. I adored my QC25s. My QC35s are the perfect device (still use them all the time). When the 700s came out, I immediately got them. I can't help but feel like Bose has dropped the ball at the software level.

Switching between audio devices on the qc35s is intuitive. Not so on the 700s. The pause/play method doesn't work for 700s most of the time. Often the 'active' device (i.e. computer) is not playing any sounds - confirmed from settings. Yet only through the app can I switch. Please look at the logic used within the QC35 and port it over. The different noise cancelling settings and ability to hear outside noise is nice, but the device just isn't as user friendly as the 35s. Removing hardware buttons is nice... but not at the expense of functionality. I feel like my 700s are a degraded product from the QC35.

Please improve them - I know a ton of R&D went into these new headphones. But you still have to nail the basics when it comes to bluetooth:

Intuitive device switching.

Easy Recognition of device on PCs.

These two flaws cause me to use my QC35 for work meetings, etc. I only pull my 700s when I need to hear outside surroundings, and don't mind fiddling with settings a bit.

Stevenwm94
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2021

Hello, 

Bose added this feature to the Wireless SoundSport Buds and I was disappointed it wasn't on the 700's. My suggestion to Bose is to simply add the code that allows this on the SoundSport as a Shortcut option in the app. It really shouldn't be all that difficult since it already allows for multi-connections. 

George McIntyre
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

Seems no one from Bose is replying.  Here is the answer.

To switch between devices when the headphones are on just press and hold the ON button for about a second and then release.  The headphones will say "Ready to connect another device".  

Then go to bluetooth on the device you want to switch to and simply connect that device.  It will replace the least recently used device.

Hope this helps everyone!

NCUser
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2021

I believe the issue here is that when you are already connected to two devices there is no way switch between the devices manually. The automatic switching keeps failing and one needs to break the pairing from device 1 to make it work on device 2.