Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LSSL
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

NC 700 - No way to switch devices using the headphones

I bought the Bose NC 700 Headphones yesterday, in Australia.

A feature I thought would be great would be to be able to connect 2 devices, and to be able to play one device, then pause it, in order to play the other device, etc., thus alternating between my laptop and my iphone.

I tried to do this, and could not.

For example, despite connecting both my iphone and laptop to the headphones (even my headphones say they are connected), I start playing on my iphone (eg., a podcast), then pause it, then when I try playing the laptop (eg., youtube) there is no sound from both the laptop and headphones.  This also occurs the other way round: if I start playing sound from my laptop first, pause it, then try my iphone there is no sound on the iphone or headphones.  So despite Bose's claim that the headphones "can seamlessly move from one device to another", this does not work!  Then after doing this, when I try to just use one device, there is no sound from it either!

I regularly have to switch off the headset, in order for it to pair and connect with the devices again, but am able to use only one device with the headset.

Do you have an easy  solution for this problem please?

1 REPLY 1
RussellWalker
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Re: NC 700 - No way to switch devices using the headphones

Spoiler
You are correct. The 700 Headphones cannot switch between different devices and what I have also found is that pairing them with Bluetooth devices can be very difficult.

i was a huge Bose fan until I got the Bose700 headphones. The noise cancelling is good, but after paying about $400 for these headphone, I expected to get a premium product after paying a premium price. The Bose 700 headphones are NOT a premium product.