Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

NC 700 - No way to update!

Hi folks,  

Got the new NC 700's.  They connected fine to the BM app.  The BM app automatically downloaded an update and apparently updated my cans.  Great. 

I started at v1.3 and I am still on v1.3.  Why?!  So it updated and did nothing?   I understand 1.5 is available now. 

- There's no way to force or activate a "check for updates" on the app. Why?!  

- The BM app, from what i see, should have an EQUALIZER, and mine does not...

- The BM app, from what I see, should have many other features that I am apparently missing out on (watching youtube reviews). 

Why can't i update my headphones?  Why does my version of the BM app have less features than everyone else? 

WHY DID I BUY HIGH END HEADPHONES AND GOT SOFTWARE EQUAL TO THAT OF CHINESE KNOCKOFFS?! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: NC 700 - No way to update!

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

I am very pleased to announce that the new firmware is here. Today we released 1.7.0 which includes many improvements and features. You can read the full release notes here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thank you again for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Hello:
Some products do not require the latest NC700 product updates, as they may function normally. But if you think that some services are missing in the Bose Music app, you can also update the NC 700 in another way.
Updating them using a PC would be recommended. I attach this Link so that you can help yourself
https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/searchresult.html?productCode=noise_cancelling_headphone...

Lucky friend !!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Hey!  Thank you very much for that. 

After joining the bose community forums, I'm seeing WAYYYYY too many threads about the NC 700's.  Yikes!!!!  Seems like this model is a DUD!!! 

I may return these for the new Razor's... they got insane reviews! ...and their software seems to be as advanced as their hardware too! 

Bose, you guys need to recalibrate your business.  You're ruining your quality image. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

I am very pleased to announce that the new firmware is here. Today we released 1.7.0 which includes many improvements and features. You can read the full release notes here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thank you again for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post