Mar 29, 2020

NC 700 Sound interrupt every a few minutes

Bose product name  NC 700 HP

Country  USA

Firmware Version 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

IPAD and Iphone X

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Recently (after using it for one year), when watching movie or TV on iphone or ipad the sound interrupted for a couple of seconds every a few minutes then comes back normal for a few minutes

What environment do you experience the issue in?

inside house and relative quite

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

yes, worked normal for about a year and recently I noticed the problem.  Also I noticed that all my devices iphone and ipad "dropped " NC 700" and problem occurred after I reconnected.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

tried to reboot as suggested on the web and tried to update the FW and it appears to be updated

4 REPLIES 4

Re: NC 700 Sound interrupt every a few minutes

Hello jzhaony, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue, it is strange. The steps you have tried so far to fix it though are great! Let's try thoroughly refreshing the headphones and connections and see if this helps:  

1. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on           the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

2. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

3. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.

4. Uninstall and then reinstall the app.

5. Pair the headphones to your phone manually via Bluetooth.

6. Reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

After tried rebooting many times, the problem is still there.  

This is not the solution

Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

After I tried to reboot one more time as instructed above, the headphone appears to be dead, can't turn on, even charging light doesn't turn of any more!.  Need to have it repaired!

Hi jzhaony,

If the headphones are not responding after you have just completed a reset, it is worth doing the reset process one more time as this can happen occasionally and another reset will bring the headphones back for you. If they don't work after a reset, then you should reach out to your local support team to look into the service options for the headphones. You can find the contact information for them at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

As you mentioned that the sound will be interrupted while watching a movie on your iPad or iPhone, does the sound only get interrupted while watching movies? What app have you been using to watch the movies? Does it happen with any app or only certain apps?

Also, as this appears to have started after the headphones disconnected from your devices, I'd recommend clearing the pairing on both the headphones, and your iPad and iPhone, then reconnecting them. To clear the pairing from the headphones follow the steps shown HERE. You'll also want to forget the headphones from your iPhone and iPad by going to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the (i) icon next to your headphones in the list. It will then give you the option to forget the headphones. Once you've done that reconnect the headphones to your devices and let me know if the dropouts continue!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!