Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deenos
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Re: NC 700 Switching between devices

After some frustration, I've been able to get device switching working by changing which NC700 BT device I paired to.  During my troubleshooting, I noticed that sometimes when pairing the headphones I would only see the low energy BT device (device name is prefixed by "LE-") and other times I would see a standard "NC700" BT device.

I use my NC700 headphones with my Windows 10 PC and iPhone 11, originally when I first paired the headphones I paired my PC and phone to the low energy (LE-) NC700 device because it was the first device to be displayed.  I didn't think anything of it at the time but I found that getting the headphones to seamlessly switch between PC and phone was a nightmare using the low energy BT device.

After clearing the bluetooth list of devices from the headphones and then re-pairing to the standard NC700 BT device, I've found that the device switching is now working well.  I had to remove/forget the "LE" device on my PC and phone, I also had to uninstall the LE device in device manager on Windows 10 before I could connect to the standard device and get device switching working.

Worth a try if you're having this problem...

Jsmal
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

NC 700 Bluetooth Device Switching

I have moved from the QC35ii to the NC700.

Is there anyway to manually toggle between concurrent bluetooth connected devices like on the QC35ii?

The NC700 headphones seem to connect to whichever device they feel like, and I have no control over which device plays audio to the headphones.

Is there a way to add assign this feature to the shortcut button on the NC700 headphones?

Gildas Duval
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: NC 700 Bluetooth Device Switching

I am also very disappointed with the lack of control and poor user experience when switching between devices.

Spécifically when connected on video conference on my PC ( Windows10 , Teams, Zoom, WebEx ...) , I always get cut off with no warning when my iPhone rings as the NC700 switches automatically to the IPhone .

The only  turnaround I found so far is  to put my phone in flight mode when attending a visdo conference.

REALLY annoying, especially given the NC 700's price tag .

Bose  can you hear us ????

zipwilly
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Re: NC 700 Bluetooth Device Switching

I have an iPhone and two computers that I need to connect to. I am constantly having trouble connecting to the device that I want to use. It is a very frustrating experience.

At the moment I have the device connected to my phone and my personal computer. I need to connect to my work computer, as I did two days ago, and there is no option within the Bose Music app that will allow me to do that. I cannot get the "source" option that is supposed to be available to me, to appear in that app.

smith108
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

How would one switch between devices when these are not the devices where the Bose Music app runs on?

For example I have a BT desktop phone and a Win10 PC. 

In this scenario, which is dayly business for me, my phone is not connected so I cannot control with Music app.

On the QC35 I had before one could easily toggle on the headphones itself. 

How should I do this on the NC700?

anime_hitugaya
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

I have Bose 700 headphones and I and initially it was working great. still i like their sound  and noice cancellation. currently firmware version is 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1 and i started to notice that even the device is paired with my Macbook and my phone samsung s10+ with both the bluetooth on . it only connected with Macbook . and even if i turnoff every music app and any video playing on the Macbook it does not switch over to my phone if i am playing any song on my phone. i tried to reset the headphone as per the instructions given here on Bose webpage . product does not resets . even it does not clear the whole list of paired device any more when you long press the powerON/ bluetooth button. please let me know what is the solution I should try. 

Sovik Srimany
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

I bought my NC 700 in Jul'20. I successfully used it simultaneously in a Cisco Webex meeting on Windows 10 laptop and Android 9 smartphone. The switching was automatic on the fly. While I am in the Webex meeting, if a phone call landed on my Android smartphones, the voice prompt alerted me and I could take the call straightaway. After the call ended, NC 700 headphones switched back to the Webex meeting on it's own. It was very convenient. However, this didn't happen while I was in a Google Meet meeting. The voice prompt alerted me about the call but on taking the call, the call was not routed to the headphones. Also, the Google Meet got disconnected from the headphones saying that no Mike is connected and prompting me to copy a link to the address bar of my browser to reconnect me to the meeting.

This is for info / feedback.

Thank you. 

evlo
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I read this topic https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/QC35-moving-between-paired-devices/td-p/18466#:~:te... and almost decidet to switch to bose from sony, then I read this and i'm just disappointed. Again issues with quite basic bluetooth usage. Hopefully next gen will get it right like qc35 did. That would be nice just having one device and be able to switch what it is connected to without interaction with other devices, like it used to on qc35

Canada1
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Bose definitely needs to restore the BT switching function that the QC35s have: tap a button to cycle between paired devices. I used that feature all the time and can’t understand why it was dropped from the 700s. 

This would be more useful than enable/disable voice assistant for the “press and hold” feature. Or make it an alternative for the button that cycles between noise cancelling favourites. 

Sovik Srimany
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Though the feature of auto switching between connected devices in NC 700 is a smart technological achievement, I find following issues which are irritating.

1. While I am in a web-meeting on my PC/Laptop, if a call lands on my Android phone, in the middle of a conversation the voice prompt anounces the caller's number and NC 700 switches to my Android phone. It is very embarrassing as others in the web-meeting suddenly find I am out of the meeting without notification. If video is on, it is more embarrassing as others see my confused facial expressions. This disrupts the meeting.

2. At times on switching to the phone from PC, the voice from the phone gets broken and also the caller is unable to listen to you. In that case, as NC 700 is latched to your phone and you cannot detach it manually easily, you have no other choice to continue with the call without hanging up.

The Bose Music app (Android version) have now improved a lot after the latest update. However, the firmware of NC 700 needs a thorough overhaul.