Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetestD
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Re: NC 700 Switching between devices

I am only using two devices to connect.  My phone and my laptop and have continual drops between phone and laptop.  It's quite irritating.  I work in zoom rooms constantly and make 100+ phone calls per day; I purchased these headphones so I wouldn't have to use two set of headphones and could seamlessly go between zoom room and phone call, but the drops have been such a hassle.  According to the other threads on here, I'm assuming this problem has yet to be addressed by Bose?  Such a disappointment - especially for the price of these headphones.  If they will not keep a secure connection between 2 devices, then why wouldn't I just go back to my cheap 2 sets of earbuds and headset that are just of a hassle?

goddgr8
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Bose 700 Switching between devices

I just bought these headphones and am already thinking fo returning them.

Very unhappy with the following problems.

1. The headphones keep switching between my phone and laptop while in the middle of a call.

2. Also when tried to use the headphones with a skype meeting on my laptop, I couldnt hear other people on the call while they could hear me very clearly.

Please help urgently, else I will have to return it in next couple of days and switch to Jabra or something else.

P.S. - One of the main purpose to buy these headphones was to be able to connect to me Skype, Webex and Microsoft Teams meetings seamlessly; other than connecting to phone.

Kent_culpepper
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

How is it that an older version include the high-end features that the new one doesn't? I'm going to guess with high confidence that in this day and age people have several devices that they will want to frequently switch from/to. For the amount of $$ these cost it's ludicrous that they cannot support this. I work on a laptop. I use a smartphone. I use headphones with a smart tv. I should be able to switch, or scroll, to the device I want to use.

Freitas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Hello,

I'm using the 700 UC version on the latest firmware, and when it's connected to the USB Link, even if nothing is playing on the computer, it won't play anything on my phone. (Pixel 5)

THe only way I can get sound from my phone is by manually switching off the connection to the USB Link.

Is that a limitation of using the link? Or should it play my phone audio when nothing is playing on the computer? 

How can sort it out?

Thanks!

Freitas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Cancel that! In case anyone experience something similar, I think Chrome had an audio paused and the headphone thought it was still playing, so wouldn't switch. I've closed and opened Chrome and it's all good now.. switching fine.

sriramk
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

This, and the poor support for multiple headphones on one phone has made me return my headphones today. Thanks for the great support, Bose. 

sriramk
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

I've purchased a Sony WH-1000XM4 in case someone from Bose is keeping count of sales lost to Sony. 

mikooo
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2020

Same thing here. I've spent a lot of money on these headphones, at least 10 times more than any other headphones I owned, and I thought it'd be something out of this world amazing... but I'm so disappointed!
The inability to switch devices is just ridiculous. Even if I only have a laptop and a PC, it's crazy how impossible it is to control which one you want to use... It just connects to the one it wants...
I was in the middle of a work meeting on my laptop, and suddenly my PC came back from sleep, and my headphones switched to it... and what's more, when they connect, they kind of automagically start playing whatever video/music was there, so in the middle of my meeting I started listening to some youtube video I had opened hours ago in my other computer... Crazy!
The "solution" of using the mobile app it's just silly, because it requires connecting the headphones to the phone with bluetooth! What?? I don't even want to use them with my phone!!

I don't think I can return them anymore, but I TOTALLY REGRET BUYING THESE!
I will NEVER RECOMMEND BOSE TO ANYONE... Shame!

Bscheidt146
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

I see posts on this topic started in October of 2019.   Just bought the NC700 headphones and having the exact problem described more than a year ago.    Does anyone at BOSE read these posts or are we just complaining to each other.    I've been using them for a week for long Zoom calls, my connected phone rings and I've got no way to switch connections without the APP.   Even with the APP its not reliable.   I paid the premium for these over the Sony in part because of the dual connection feature that doesn't work and I see now customers have been complaining for more than a year.   

George McIntyre
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

Seems no one from Bose is replying.  Here is the answer. 

To switch between devices when the headphones are on just press and hold the ON button for about a second and then release.  The headphones will say "Ready to connect another device".  

Then go to bluetooth on the device you want to switch to and simply connect that device.  It will replace the least recently used device.

Hope this helps everyone!