kajh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

NC 700: Two entries in the list of bluetooth devices on iPhone

Hi, after setting up my NC 700 using the Bose Music app on my Iphone I see two entries for the headset in the list of bluetooth devices:

• "Bose NC 700 Headphone"
  • "LE-Bose NC 700 Headphone"

Can someone explaine why I see two entries?

Thanks!

🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NC 700: Two entries in the list of bluetooth devices on iPhone

Author Accepted Answer selected by kajh

Hi @kajh , and welcome to the Bose Community!

The 2 entries that you see are the Bluetooth profiles for your headset. The "LE" profile is the Low-Energy, or Bluetooth-Low-Energy Profile.
This profile is designed for smooth and quick connections. When you turn on this headset, it will automatically try to pair to the last used device(s) using this profile.

If you want to pair a device manually, this would be done from the normal profile (i.e the one that does not say "LE").

You will find that many modern Bluetooth speakers or headset will have this profile, and the other members of the Community with this product will likely see these profiles as well!

I hope this helps explain why you see these entries, and please let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by kajh

Hi @kajh , and welcome to the Bose Community!

The 2 entries that you see are the Bluetooth profiles for your headset. The "LE" profile is the Low-Energy, or Bluetooth-Low-Energy Profile.
This profile is designed for smooth and quick connections. When you turn on this headset, it will automatically try to pair to the last used device(s) using this profile.

If you want to pair a device manually, this would be done from the normal profile (i.e the one that does not say "LE").

You will find that many modern Bluetooth speakers or headset will have this profile, and the other members of the Community with this product will likely see these profiles as well!

I hope this helps explain why you see these entries, and please let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

kajh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

@Liam_W Thanks! 🙂

ckoch1979
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

On a windows PC I see two times "LE-Profiles". What is the reason for that?

Hello ckock1979,

Thank you for your question, welcome to the community.

Please observe Liam W's comment above which explains the reasoning for why you see two devices on your Windows 10 device.

If you have any further questions then please let us know!

Kind regards,

Tegan M

ckoch1979
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

I saw his answer. There is not one "normal" profile and one "LE-Profile". There are two LE-Profiles.

Hello ckock1979,

Thank you very much for confirming this, I apologise for the confusion. This is very bizarre indeed. 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth list of your device and Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

- Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." 

Please continue to reconnect and see if you have the same results. 

Please let us know!

Tegan M