Highlighted
kwnorman@live.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

NC 700 Welcome Message Too Long

I connect to both my phone and a laptop as I use these personally and for work. However, I have to keep them on all day because of a simple reason; the welcome message is too long. Let's say a call comes in and I need to connect the headphones, I turn on the bluetooth real quick and it takes less than a second to pair to both my laptop and my phone but it has to go through the cycle of the intro cello sound bit, announcement of how much battery is left, then announces what devices the headphones are connected to. Granted, I feel like they've made the message as concise as possible to relay the appropriate information but it still takes a good 8-10 seconds to give me all that information before I can answer the call, if it's still ringing. Or I can answer before the message is done and apologize for the delay. 

There should be an option in the app to choose what kind of intro to play. For example. Intro Cello, the option to announce the battery level or not (like, low battery warning only when there's less than 5 hours left), and a *da-ding* sound for connectivity. This kind of message would only take 3-4 seconds, which sounds petty but it's the reason I wouldn't suggest these headphones for anyone who takes calls for work (unless you have them on all day). 

1 REPLY 1

Re: NC 700 Welcome Message Too Long

Hi kwnorman, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I appreciate the feedback on this and would like to let you know that you can turn off Voice Prompts then you won't hear the starting message or battery percentage just the powering on sound! 

You can do this via opening the Bose Music App > Settings > Voice Prompts > Off! 

I hope this proves useful for you and any other community members that want to skip this process. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support