NC 700 Without Sound on iPhone Calls

Bose product name 

NC 700 HP

Country

United States

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone SE on iOS 14.3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Bose NC 700 HP headphones connect for phone calls, but no audio can be heard. Happens on each and every phone call.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Every phone call.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Began about 3-4 weeks ago.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I've tried everything I could find. Nothing works. 

13 REPLIES 13
Hector_B

Re: NC 700 Without Sound on iPhone Calls

Hey mcdonart22, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your 700's on calls. 

Can you please let us know exactly what troubleshooting you have performed so far? This will ensure that we don't get you to repeat anything! 

I'd also like to know if you experience the same issue with other devices or just this iPhone SE? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mcdonart22
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

I've unpaired and re-paired the headphones. I've reset the phone. I've set the call audio to be received by the Bluetooth headset (via Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Recording > Bluetooth Headset).  I only take and receive calls via my iPhone SE and not my iPad, so I can't speak to whether the issue is present on that device. I do know that it appears that several other users are having issues with the iPhone as well, at least based on the community posts I'm now seeing. 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this mcdonart22! 

This is strange to hear that even after you set the correct routing method, you are still unable to hear the call. 

Can you please let us know if the audio seems to be pushed to the iPhone or just isn't appearing anywhere at all? It would be great if you were able to locate a second device to attempt to make a call from. 

You could also test a Wi-Fi call with the iPad via a few different platforms if possible! 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
hosscat1976
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

I'm having the exact same issue with my iPhone Xs.  I've gone through the entire troubleshooting options given in Bose support.  I don't drop calls at all from my computer, but when I'm on my iPhone - forget about it.  I drop every one within a minute or two (I timed them, and it's random timing).  Even more strange, when I'm playing music - the synchronization between the iPhone and Bose 700 is flawless.

mcdonart22
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

Per your request, I tried with a different, non-iPhone device. No issue connecting to a call. Once again, based on the responses I've seen, this seems to be a fairly widespread issue. Are there any plans to fix the issue? 

mcdonart22
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

I should also note that there are no issues playing audio on the phone whatsoever. Spotify, PocketCasts, Netflix, YouTube and YouTubeTV all play audio flawlessly. The issue is strictly with phone calls. 

hosscat1976
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Tick, tock, Bose.  Why are there so many issues with the iPhone connection with phone calls?

RFurness
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

I’m having the excact sale issue on an iPhone 12 running iOS 14.3. No phone calls possible at all. Please see details here and let us know what to do, it’s infuriating (as is silence on that thread, with toast moderated post saying “I’ll let you know if developers come back to me” 🤬https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/No-sound-calls-iphone-NC-700/m-p/586133#M7447...

mcdonart22
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

@Hector_B Hector, when can we expect a solution to this issue?