Highlighted
Chuga
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

NC 700 and using the Audio Cable

When using my audio cable (airplanes), after plugging the cable into my 700 jack - the Bluetooth connection cuts off but so does the noise cancellation feature.   And I can’t figure out how to turn on noise cancellation with the cable attached to my 700 and to a wired source.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thx. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: NC 700 and using the Audio Cable

Hi Chuga, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to provide you with some information on your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700! 

I can confirm that it is correct that the Bluetooth is switched off when using AUX as this means that the headphones are being used for a different source. In regards to the Noise Cancelling cutting off when using the AUX this can be fixed by powering the headphones back on using the power button. 

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions about your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 then please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

akaspin
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

It’s weird but I used noise cancellation with cable till yesterday. Today it’s just stop work.

Hi Akaspin, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

I can confirm that you can use Noise Cancellation with the cable as long as the headphones are powered on. If your headphones no longer do this then please do perform a reset via:

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and hope that the reset will resolve this for you if the headset is not performing correctly. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Roycey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I seem to have the same problem 😞

Hello Roycey, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

With regard to troubleshooting, have you tried to turn the headphones back on when the cable is connected? Further to this, have you tried connecting the cable before powering the headphones on?

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Chuga
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I went through all the suggestions on this chain - and still when my aux cable is plugged into a music source - the sound cancellation does not turn on. There is a notable sound difference between bluetooth with sound cancellation and what I hear when the aux cable is plugged in.  Any more suggestions?  Thx 

Hi Chuga, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

This is a very strange behavior.

I have raised this with the development team for review to see if they can suggest any additional steps or a fix. 

If there is anyone else in the community who are experiencing this issue, please chime in here.

Kindest,

Jessie O

LL968
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I am having the same issue. I just got these headphones and was really happy with them, but now they won’t play any audio whenever I have them turned on and plugged into the auxiliary. When I use them wirelessly they work fine, but as soon as I plug them in it tells me the Bluetooth is turned off and no sound comes through the ear cups. 

Roycey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I was able to resolve my issue by using the volume controls on the right side... I felt pretty silly when this was pointed out to me but it's also highly unintuitive that the bluetooth volume and wired volume are different. Give this a try to see if it fixes things for you too!