majorwang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

I use my 700 in a quiet environment and where I don't need ANC on (watching TV late at night, for example). It is frustrating and unnecessary to have to use to the Bose app to toggle ANC off. (ANC off should not be confused with ANC level 0 -- level 0 still activates the mic to allow ambient noises through the ear cups.) This toggling could be accomplished using the left cup hardware button. Please fix or add to your next firmware update.

10 REPLIES 10
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

I think this is not too likely to come to pass (but never say never)

Most people purchase these for the noise cancelling, so when given a choice between better control over noise cancelling levels and better control to turn ANC on/off, it will likely go to the level control.

majorwang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Sony 1000XM3 has ANC on off toggle built into the hardware button. My 10 year old Sennheiser MM450 also has a toggle. It is a Bose oversight not to include such a basic function.

Hi Majorwang, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I appreciate the feedback and would love to forward this on to the relevant teams for you. 

As far as I am aware another user was able to do this by only setting two ANC presets and leaving the third empty which allowed them to turn off ANC completely with the empty preset. 

This can be one inside the Bose Music App under Settings and favorites! 

Please update us on the result of this and if any other community members have achieved this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
majorwang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

In the latest version of the app I am unable to leave a blank favourite preset.

Can you link me to where you found this work around?

Hi Majorwang, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. I have done some digging and haven't been able to find the thread from this user and it appears that the user has deleted it. 

I will forward this feedback to the development team and suggest to them the ability to leave a blank preset as a future feature request. 

I am sorry that I wasn't able to find this post for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

thadThai
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Hector,

Just replying to re-emphasize this issue. I agree with the other users in this thread - it's very frustrating (and seemingly non-sensical) to not have the ability to turn off the ANC functionality from the hardware.

Here's hoping they release a software fix soon!

Thanks for your advocacy on the Bose side of things.

dorsy999
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I would like to request this as well. My QC35's could cycle through High, Medium, Low and OFF for ANC. I don't like it, but I like the sound quality of the 700's so now I'm stuck using an app to turn it off every time. 

Ideally, I'd like the "remember my last setting" to remember "Off" as well!

Thanks,

Hello guys, 

Thanks for getting in touch to share your thoughts, I will pass your feedback to the development team for you.

If you have any questions then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

_leokiss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hi Zoe,

I also want to emphasise this issue. Being able to turn off ANC via hardware would save me a lot of time each day. 

Has there been any progress on this front?

With thanks