Highlighted

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

Hello _leokiss, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

We have submitted this as a feature request to the development team.

However, we have not heard back from the team yet. As soon as we do we will update the community. 

If any other users would like this as a feature, please do let us know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

I agree. Having to use the app to turn off ANC isn’t convenient. Kinda hard to understand how something that simple could be overlooked. It could be added as an option when cycling through the 3 ANC favorites with the button on the left ear cup. (Off, 1,2,3)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Hello Vicky, 

I also like to join in on this request, it is much needed.
I'd also be okay to sacrifice one of the favorites for an anc off option.

Hoping this will be added soon.

Lucas

Highlighted

Hey Lucas, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I will log your request with the team. If you have any other thoughts please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Please count me in as well.

It was really disappointing, to get my shiny new perfect headphones and then realise, that there is no easy way to disable noise cancelling without using the mobile app. It's the most inconvenient I've ever seen!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I'm glad to this topic is already well up and running. I'm less thrilled with the progress from Bose so far. It's clear that there are several good reasons to include the feature, but so far I haven't heard of any reasons not to - other than a bottleneck in development, which I understand, but don't appreciate.

The reason I don't appreciate the time it has taken so far to solve this issue for the NC 700 it is that this issue existed already with the launch of QC35 v1 in 2016. This device was shipped without the option to deactivate NC, and it bothered me enough to contact Bose about it. Their response back then was that it was technically impossible to add this to the app and firmware, and they recommended me to use the headphones corded because then the power-slider would act as an on/off switch for NC. The firmware and app was updated some 6 months later with the feature built in.

If I recall correctly, my QC35 v2 always had the feature of NC high/low/off, and it therefore also surprised me when my new NC 700 didn't. It should be so easy to allow one of the favorites to be NC_OFF, or even allow the "shortcut" this ability.

The main reason I need this feature is whenever I'm outdoors and it's windy (quite common weather phenomenon). With NC active, the mics pick up the wind and "plays" it in my ears. You can test the servility of this by turning of the headphones or deactivating NC in the app (turning headphones off is much faster). Now that I think of it, Bose could solve my issue "just" by improving their NC abilities to filter out wind, but I'll settle for a hardware button NC on/off.

Thanks for reading, hopefully understanding, but more importantly implementing!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

+1 would love to see this feature. very disappointed it's not already there on such a high end pair of headphones

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

I'm also shocked this feature is missing.

Please add it asap seems like a massive oversight as having nc off offers cleaner sound without the constant whitenoise of nc.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Any update on this?

Just purchased a pair of 700's and find it extremely inconvenient not to have the ability to completely turn off NC from the headphones. 

This is a feature that I can't live without and will need to return the headphones if there aren't any plans to fix this in a firmware update soon.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Honestly just take them back, get your money back and keep an eye on the forum. My experience (owner of QC35s and 700's) is it won't be fixed soon, and taking them back *might* put some pressure on them to fix it. 

If they do, you can just buy them again.