Grat08
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

Came across this two days ago. While these are not outdoor / sports headphones the active noise cancelling does not deal well with wind at all - should still be able to walk through town or around the block with these right?

ANC fights with the wind.. which ends up amplifying the sound. Turned the headphones off entirely and the actual wind noise was minimal. 

It was then that I found the struggle on how to turn ANC 'off' rather than to zero. 

A fourth favourite menu option for 'ANC off' would be amazing please Bose. 

boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

this is the most basic feature make the NC700 truely "noise CANCELLING" with the current implementation, all surrounding noises gets pass thru the headset, and Bose don't seem to care to fix this problem. @bose get someone to wear NC700, set ANC to 10 and stand in front of a strong fan, then while in the same position, power off the NC700. You will find that with the headset powered off, it does a much better job Noise Cancelling than with ANC level 10. firmware 1.7.0 actually made this much worse than 1.3.1. 

ANC is not Amplified Noise circuitry... 

Rubent64
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Hello, 

The First Post to this Post is now 2 years ago and I purchased the Bose 700, 2 days ago and i am still not able to physically turn of the ANC with one of the buttons and only in the App.

Can you please fix this and add a new feature that it is able to turn off the ANC without using the App.

Thank you in advance and i hope for a fast solution.

LaurenDougan29
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

I also back this! Having to do it through the app is a bit of an inconvenience. 

Geurt
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Bought this headphone a few days ago and I'm really missing this feature!! I'm using the the headphones for both my work computer and phone. When I'm using the headphones on my work computer for a meeting through Teams, I cannot disable the noise cancelling. This is really annoying and makes me consider to send the headphones back for a refund.

Rhodium
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2021

This is crazy not to have this feature. Please for the love of god @bose add this as a favorite option, a long press on the favorites button, or something!

Also, @Hector_B could we get an update on this please? It looks like you submitted this to the dev team two years ago, has there been any action what so ever?

Jim007
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

It seems crazy that we have been waiting this long for this feature with this much support from the community. I would think that 9 pages of people requesting this simple update would get Bose's attention.

We all simply want the ability to turn off the noise cancelling with the hardware button I think the simplest solution would be a double tap or long press of the noise cancelling favourites button turns noise cancelling off. A double tap or long press would then turn it back on then you can cycle through your favorites again. 

I love the noise cancelling of these headphones in certain environments such as in the office, aircraft , car, etc. but in a very quiet environment like in my bedroom, noise cancelling of any level (0-10) greatly reduces the listening experience. Another scenario is using the headphones while performing a noisy task such as washing the dishes or working in my garage causes the noise cancelling to pop and crack.

I find myself turning the noise cancelling off 1-2 times a day and really dislike having to open my phone, open the Bose Music app, navigate the menus and disable the noise cancelling when this simple task could be handled with a simple double tap of the noise cancelling favorites hardware button (a currently unused shortcut for any other feature).

If Bose were worried about people accidentally turning off the noise cancelling and complaining that it's not working have the shortcut as an option in the app and disable it by default. Then for us who want the hardware shortcut we can turn it on. 

This seems like an easy win for Bose to improve their product and I don't know why they seem reluctant to implement the feature...