Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samubarb
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2021

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

An hardware method to switch off ANC is missing. It's very baffling at the moment being able to do it only through the app. The introduction of this feature would change a lot (positively) the way I will use the headphones

Jim007
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

It seems crazy that we have been waiting this long for this feature with this much support from the community. I would think that 9 pages of people requesting this simple update would get Bose's attention.

We all simply want the ability to turn off the noise cancelling with the hardware button I think the simplest solution would be a double tap or long press of the noise cancelling favourites button turns noise cancelling off. A double tap or long press would then turn it back on then you can cycle through your favorites again. 

I love the noise cancelling of these headphones in certain environments such as in the office, aircraft , car, etc. but in a very quiet environment like in my bedroom, noise cancelling of any level (0-10) greatly reduces the listening experience. Another scenario is using the headphones while performing a noisy task such as washing the dishes or working in my garage causes the noise cancelling to pop and crack.

I find myself turning the noise cancelling off 1-2 times a day and really dislike having to open my phone, open the Bose Music app, navigate the menus and disable the noise cancelling when this simple task could be handled with a simple double tap of the noise cancelling favorites hardware button (a currently unused shortcut for any other feature).

If Bose were worried about people accidentally turning off the noise cancelling and complaining that it's not working have the shortcut as an option in the app and disable it by default. Then for us who want the hardware shortcut we can turn it on. 

This seems like an easy win for Bose to improve their product and I don't know why they seem reluctant to implement the feature...

kb9292
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2021

+1 request for physical button for turning off ANC. This looks to be the only and very major missing feature!

joaogomes
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2021

It is insane that it not possible to completely turn of ANC.
Please add it in firmware.

It could be as simple as an additional option for the tap-and-hold shortcut.

I used the headphones while cycling around in the city. If I just change ANC to zero, the noise of the wind in the microphones is insane. I need to be able to turn it off. Having to go to the app for such a basic functionality is insane.

joaogomes
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2021

It is insane that it not possible to completely turn of ANC.
Please add it in firmware.

It could be as simple as an additional option for the tap-and-hold shortcut.

I used the headphones while cycling around in the city. If I just change ANC to zero, the noise of the wind in the microphones is insane. I need to be able to turn it off. Having to go to the app for such a basic functionality is insane.

Ben_E

Hello @joaogomes,

Thanks for adding your voice in support of this request! I'll make sure that it's forwarded on again to the development team.

Best regards

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
joaogomes
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2021

@Ben_E thank you very much.

Btw, there are also more people requesting this feature in this other thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC700-Quick-way-to-turn-ANC-on-and-off-please...