Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

Wow - I just bought the headphones and can't believe I need to use the app to turn off ANC. Besides some minor flaws this is the showstopper for me and I will have to return them.

Agree with what already has been said - ANC side noise can be annoying (esp. in quiet situations) and deactivation needs to be possible with hardware button. And if they are set to remember the last setting they also should remember when it was turned off.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

When I posted this originally back in October I also immediately returned the 700. It is unacceptable to peddle half-baked firmware onto us consumers and have us hope for fixes down the road. Let your wallets do the talking and not tolerate this kind of anti-consumer behaviour. 

Highlighted

Hello all! 

Thank you all for contributing to this thread and our community. We appreciate the feedback and you all voicing your desire for this request. 

This is something that we have forwarded to the development team and will update you all on as soon as we know more. 

Sorry that we don't have an update for you at this moment in time. In the meantime, while we wait for this feature please check out some other threads on the community to see if you can assist others. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

It was forwarded 10 months ago and there is no status change? Has it been accepted/rejected to be developed? Is it on roadmap for next month, 3 months, 2 years? Can you provide a little more information than it was forwarded 10 months ago?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Same question as @getting  I think a lot of customers are looking for a roadmap for future development of the 700's features.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

+1 vote here to have favorite button disable nc.

How difficult can it be to implement this feature?!?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Another +1 for ANC off by cycling through button presses. This can't be that difficult to add especially since the QC35 IIs offer it (just purchased a pair for my wife for Valentine's day). Why would Bose engineering purposely not carry features forward from one generation to the next? Requiring users to pull out a phone and use a buggy app makes no sense. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Hi, I just got my Bose 700 today and this was one of the first things that annoyed me and brought me to this thread. I imagine there are a lot of people that gets annoyed by this. This really lowers the quality of the product.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Hi HalldorS, yes very annoying indeed, and I’m sorry to say but unfortunately you’re about to get even more annoyed if you use them outside during a windy day or in a bumpy car/bus ride, the mics will make noises no matter the NC level, the only way to stop it is to disable the NC all together and that means dealing with the most annoying app ever made for no reason.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Hi all,

I just got my new Bose 700 and I am so annoyed by this that I cannot even quantify it in words. I am in the office I have the headphones paired to both the computer and the phone while playing music through the computer. Now, I would like to turn off the ANC and the app does not even allow me to have access to the setting. I have to unpair the headphones from the computer, reconnect them to the phone and then deactivate the ANC. I am so annoyed!!!! Please add a hardware functionality to deactivate the ANC ... otherwise I'll return them !