sambouwer
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

@danielgjackson  you are awesome! Your app is THE solution for Bose 700 users until this is fixed in the app. It is amazing that you wrote this over the course of 10 days while Bose was not able to reply more than "we have submitted this request to the development team" since 12-14-2019. How did you find out what command to send to the headphone? Were you able to intercept the bluetooth communication from a phone to the headset?

dansebr
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Wow @danielgjackson that is amazing, it won’t for me as I am iPhone user but I have to applaud and also giving the source code for free, amazing.

The opposite to Bose who still hasn’t address this obvious fault.

Frans900
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

Just bumping this. What a massive bug. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but if you have to go in to an app to disable a setting, that setting should persist to the next time you power on the headset. Especially given that the literal setting above it is "Remember My Last Setting". Yeah, right...

dansebr
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

I just want to add that in the last Firmware Update, although not described on the change logs and certainly not exactly what we want, there’s at least one positive change for this annoying problem.

The NC 700 will now remember if you previously switched off the Noise Cancellation and will announce it as soon as you switch them back on.

Like I said, there’s still no way to switch the noise cancellation on and off from the headphones but at least you won’t have to reach for your phone and open the app every time you switch on your headphones if you want to leave the feature off constantly. It’s something.

I’m curious as to why it isn’t even on the list of changes for the update, it’s almost as if Bose finally acknowledged it as a bug and doesn’t want to advertise it.

Kraszer
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

I feel like every time I buy advance technology companies make a deal that one company will make on feature good while the other **bleep** it up on purpuse. This serves to: First customers have to buy from many companies because every product have a flaw on purpuse. Second they have a Flow to fix in a next product to sell you or they can fix it in software to give you an impression that the listen and give you impression of progres. 

aturkewi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I'd like to just chime in and add support for this feature as well.

bostrolicious
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Please add this, Bose. Your noise cancellation is great but not perfect, and I don't want to have to listen to the ever-present ANC static noise when I don't need noise concellation. Just allow us to set one of the ANC favourite levels to ANC off if you can't add it any other way.

Toomimi
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

This feature is definietly needed

JackDee
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

We need to be able to turn off NC using the favorites button!!!

How difficult can it really be to add this function?!? Bose, you couldn't get ONE engineer to work on this during the quarantine?!?

I have add these premium (in terms of $$$ at least) headphones for almost 10 months now and still waiting for this basic feature. Very disappointing...

And to make things worse the Bose Music app keeps getting buggier and buggier! Now I can't even see the list of devices the headphones are connected to...

woodevlin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

Hello. I would like to see this feature added. It is very inconvenient to have to pull my phone out, (often close the app and reconnect because the app almost never stays connected and needs to be restarted), navigate to the settings, and turn off ANC. When I'm outside especially, and the mics pick up the wind, it's impossible to listen to anything with ANC on because the wind is picked up.

Please enable us to turn off ANC with the press of a hardware button! I just spent $400 on these and so far I'm pretty disappointed.