Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aturkewi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

Re: NC 700 disable noise cancel using hardware button

I'd like to just chime in and add support for this feature as well.

firesuppagent
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I'm still surprised this simple feature isn't implemented. it's extremely frustrating having ANC turn on just because you hit the favorites button and having NO way to turn it off again without opening up the app and deep navigating into settings.  It's unfortunate that ANC is promoted so heavily as a feature that it's actively difficult to NOT use.

There's never a situation where I said "gosh I am glad I had left noise cancelling on by mistake" when your headphone's battery is dead 4 hours earlier than I expected it to be.

bostrolicious
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Please add this, Bose. Your noise cancellation is great but not perfect, and I don't want to have to listen to the ever-present ANC static noise when I don't need noise concellation. Just allow us to set one of the ANC favourite levels to ANC off if you can't add it any other way.

Toomimi
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

This option i definietly needed!

Toomimi
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

This feature is definietly needed

JackDee
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

We need to be able to turn off NC using the favorites button!!!

How difficult can it really be to add this function?!? Bose, you couldn't get ONE engineer to work on this during the quarantine?!?

I have add these premium (in terms of $$$ at least) headphones for almost 10 months now and still waiting for this basic feature. Very disappointing...

And to make things worse the Bose Music app keeps getting buggier and buggier! Now I can't even see the list of devices the headphones are connected to...

Trance_85
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Adding an option in the Favourites would be really nice. I’d love to be able to choose 0, off, 10 so I can easily switch to avoid wind noise.

woodevlin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

Hello. I would like to see this feature added. It is very inconvenient to have to pull my phone out, (often close the app and reconnect because the app almost never stays connected and needs to be restarted), navigate to the settings, and turn off ANC. When I'm outside especially, and the mics pick up the wind, it's impossible to listen to anything with ANC on because the wind is picked up.

Please enable us to turn off ANC with the press of a hardware button! I just spent $400 on these and so far I'm pretty disappointed.

Grat08
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Came across this two days ago. While these are not outdoor / sports headphones the active noise cancelling does not deal well with wind at all - should still be able to walk through town or around the block with these right?

ANC fights with the wind.. which ends up amplifying the sound. Turned the headphones off entirely and the actual wind noise was minimal. 

It was then that I found the struggle on how to turn ANC 'off' rather than to zero. 

A fourth favourite menu option for 'ANC off' would be amazing please Bose. 

boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

this is the most basic feature make the NC700 truely "noise CANCELLING" with the current implementation, all surrounding noises gets pass thru the headset, and Bose don't seem to care to fix this problem. @bose get someone to wear NC700, set ANC to 10 and stand in front of a strong fan, then while in the same position, power off the NC700. You will find that with the headset powered off, it does a much better job Noise Cancelling than with ANC level 10. firmware 1.7.0 actually made this much worse than 1.3.1. 

ANC is not Amplified Noise circuitry...